Secret Letters Part !

JAYLA

1.

Dear Scarlet,

            Sorry the late email. I have been busy unpacking and settling in my new dorm. I’ve started my classes this week and it went pretty good. I hadn’t made any friends yet, maybe it’s because I wasn’t trying to make any. Of course, I was too shy to talk to anyone. The teachers seem nice, though I miss my old teachers at Cali. The one’s here are old and stuffy. I still have to learn my way around the city. I’ve been stuck eating cafeteria food all week. It’s good but it gets bland after a while. I really do miss everyone there. Sometimes I contemplate if I’ve made the right decision in coming here. It’s a beautiful place, but it’s always gloomy. I miss the California sun. But enough about me, how are you doing? How is Sebastian? I hope he is doing better. I really do wish for happiness for him. I feel terrible for hurting him but he too has caused me pain. So I guess we’re even right? I don’t know. I guess it’s a good thing I moved, it’ll help with clearing my mind. To just focus on school. Well, I should get going. I have books to study. Take care and best wishes.

                                                -Jayla

Seattle was lonely. I guess I was always used to being alone but for some reason, I felt very lonely here. There wasn’t Blake, or Sebastian, or Scarlet, or Zandaya. They were all at Cali. I guess I just punished myself by moving here. It almost felt like a place of purgatory. I kind of missed having unexpected visits from Blake and the others. But I couldn’t do anything about it now. I had chosen this and I will stick it out.

I walked to the school’s library. It was bigger than my other college and it had more study areas. I chose a table at the back and began to study for my anatomy class. I hadn’t stayed at the library long. I gathered my books and began to take the elevator down to the first floor. I slipped into the tiny elevator and stared at the floor as the doors slowly closed. Then they started to open again, before it could close. Then there was a black shoe in the door way, trying to catch the elevator. I didn’t look up. I just moved towards the right side to make room for the person. The boy stood next to me as the elevator doors began to close. “First floor?” The boy said. “Yes please.” I said. I still didn’t look up. My attention was focused on the tiled floor. Then the elevator began to move. “So, first year here?” The boy said. I looked up at him. He had dirty blond hair that was long in the middle and shorter on the sides. It was styled in to in front of his face. I wasn’t very long. He had brown eyes. He was several feet taller than me. “first week actually” I said. The boy smiled, revealing nice straight teeth. I predicted he used to wear braces or he just naturally straight teeth. This boy looked like he belonged in a magazine, a possible poster child for good hygiene. “Wow. Where are you from?” he said. “California. Well Texas originally. You?” I said. “I’m from here. My name is Landon Harrison. Nice meeting you.” He smiled. “I’m Jayla Dawson. Nice meeting you too.” I said. Then the elevator stopped and the doors opened. “Well nice talking to you.” I said and exited the elevator. “yes it was Jayla. See you around sometime.” He said. “yea I guess I’ll see you around.” I said and walked to my dorm.

I then checked my email. I frequently checked my email. As I promised, I would keep in touch with Scarlet. It was nice to have someone to talk to. I smiled as I noticed that I had an unread mail from Scarlet.

Jayla,

            Hey, it’s alright. Better late than neverJ. I’m glad to hear that you’re settling down. Though I’m sure you’ll get the hang of driving around. I do hope you make some really good friends who can help you out. Ha! I love how your teachers are old, compared to here, they’re mostly young. That’s crazy. But, hey, if you don’t want to stay there, you can always transfer after the semester is over. I’m sure all your old friends would be glad to have you back. I know you’re having a tough time coping with the whole Sebastian thing and it’s expected. Break ups are hard my dear. But you’ll pull through. I’m sure of it because you’re strong. Everyone misses you as well! Especially Sebastian. He’s been talking to me about how he made a mistake and he’s just depressed. I’m trying my best to help him out. He’s doing better though. Don’t worry, he’ll be fine soon. Hopefully. But I’m doing good. School has been going good. No trouble. I do wish you were still one of my students. It’s good that you’re focusing on school but hunny, school will always be there for you. Other things won’t. Don’t be afraid to take chances or risks. You might find out something amazing. Trust me I’ve learned that the hard way. I really do hope you’re happy there and that you’ll meet new people. You need to start breaking out of your shell girl. Show them your California girl style and they’ll be blown away. Listen to Ms. Perry. Us California Gurls are unforgettable;). Take care and write when you can. XOXO