Chapter 1: On With The Warnings, Off With The Teacher

A blue grey ominous mist swirled in Percy's mind. Slowly the mist formed a landscape; long, vast, and completely empty. Suddenly a mysterious cloaked figure appeared in the distance. The figure began to move at a steady pace, his movements fluid but lagged like he was walking through water. When he was close enough to Percy he stopped as if a wall was blocking his way.

   "Greetings Perseus." A deep male voice spoke.

  "Uh, hi?" The raven haired boy replied uncertainly.

  "I have appeared here in your dreams tonight to convey a warning." The man continued in a grave tone.

  "Oh....cool. Shoot."

  The man sighed in exasperation but went on. "The worlds are on brink of destruction as we speak. It is your job along with many others to stop this."

  Percy blinked. "Others?"

"Indeed, many others. In fact, I have a list for you." He said casually as he took out a scroll of paper.

"Woah, woah, woah! I can't go around kidnapping people, you know? That's sort of against the law." The boy exclaimed.

"You're not going to kidnap them! Just kindly ask them to join you and then if they say no- threaten them." The cloaked man clarified.

Percy rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah, that's so much better."

"Well, you better get to it otherwise we're all dead." The man said in the same he would saying "yay cupcakes!"

"But wait!-" The man waved his hand and suddenly the mist rose once more.

  Percy awoke with a confused expression on his face. He rose slowly from his bed to see the very same scroll the mysterious man had on his bedside table. Cautiously he reached for the ravelled up piece of paper and began to unfold it. Inside was a list of various unfamiliar names and a small crystal taped to the page.  It was long and sharp like broken piece of glass with a light lavender sheen in it. Percy stared at the gem for a good five seconds, then jumped out of his bed and then raced to find his girlfriend, Annabeth.

  Annabeth was sitting at a table outside, reading a book quietly when Percy dashed over and suddenly appeared beside her.

  "Okay Annabeth, so I had this really weird dream where this super creepy guy came and was as like 'okay so you gotta go find these dudes otherwise we're all gonna die!'" He explained rapidly.

  Annabeth stared at him. "Yeah, talk to me when you've finally woken up Seaweed-Brain." She replied as if she heard this a million times.

* * * *

  Smoke wafted from the nose of the tea kettle. The satisfying squeal sounding as an old man gently picked up the item and tipped it slowly. The warm liquid pouring neatly into his cup.  The old man raised the drink to his ancient lips, his wise eyes closed with content. He swallowed the tea and wiped his white moustache, moving to set down the cup for a moment. He yelled as a shadow seemed to dance over him, the fog that rose from the hot tea forming a startling familiar shape. The cup fell from his fingers and crashed to the ground. The liquid spilling onto the floor.

  "Master Wu?" A curious voice asked.

  The man shakily looked up to meet a brilliant emerald gaze. The careful eyes filled with concern.

  "Lloyd," Master Wu tried to hide the tremble in his tone as he picked up the cup and set it back on the counter. "I'm sorry scare you. I must've been...startled."