Chapter 2 - The Revenge Plan Begins

Ben

Melody was now in her room, asleep. Dad gave me a letter for me to keep in the basement a few days ago and told me not to open it unless something happened to him, but I never understood, until now…

I went down to the basement to find the letter and read it.

Ben, if anything happens to me; just know that I’ll always love you, Jordan and Melody. Other than that, if anything as horrifying as death occurs suddenly and you feel as though it may not be as accidental as it appears, then there may be someone out there causing this; someone by the name of Byun Kyung Min. You know Uncle Han? The uncle I’ve told you about that passed away when I was younger? All because of the cold-hearted murderer, Kyung Min. I witnessed his passing. A gunshot to the heart by Kyung Min. His last words were for me to take back what was rightfully ours, the company that I work in which Kyung Min now owns and is the head of.

If anything unfortunate has happened to me, you must take care and protect your siblings, and take back what once was truly ours.

Saranghae…

Dad.

I strained myself, trying not to let the tears escape from my eyes, and wiping them away as every drop ran down my face.

I turned to the back of the letter. Attached was a picture of an Asian man, and at the bottom was a name: Byun Kyung Min. I was enraged, just thinking about what had happened to dad. All dad tried to do was avenge his brother, my uncle. He had already taken dad, but why bring mum and Jordan? All I was thinking at the moment was to do whatever it would take to avenge my dad, and mum and Jordan’s innocent passing. This revenge plan is going to start, and it’s going to start now. Byun Kyung Min. The name forevermore echoing in my head.

 Byun Kyung Min… watch.  Your. Back…

 Melody

I lay on my bed on my side, stroking Amy’s fur as she slept all curled up, tears falling down the side of my face. Flashbacks of this morning floated around in my mind faintly, joyful laughter echoing loudly, images of Jordan’s cheeky smile, all the memories inside making my heart race and tears flooding down my face. It was hard to believe that it was only this morning that everyone was all cheerful and happy. Celebrating my birthday with me. Mum, dad, Jordan… why? Why them…?

-----------------------------------A Few Weeks Later------------------------------------

Ben

A few weeks after mum, dad and Jordan’s passing, Melody decided she wanted to start making her dreams come true, and that was becoming a Kpop idol. Her first step, of course, was to go to Korea and study the language. Even though we have Korean in our blood doesn’t necessarily mean we know how to speak Korean that well.

 “I’ll miss you, Ben,” Melody said . As we spoke our goodbyes before she left on a plane to Korea.

 I smiled, “I’ll miss you too.” Giving her a tight hug.

 “Take care. And you better come back a few years later and be able to talk, read and write fluently in Korean ok?” I shouted as she left.

She laughed in the distance and nodded. We waved our final goodbyes as she boarded the plane.

 I’m going to tell Melody about Uncle Han and dad when she comes back. And as for me? I was going to commence my revenge plan. I shouldn’t even call it a revenge plan, all I’m going to doing is take back what rightly belongs to my family.