2. Attention

You and Taeyong had been dating for a year and you were finally allowed to go public after 8 months of being together. You hadn't gone an a date in public and tonight would be the first time doing so. You were nervous because you had never been on a date with Taeyong in public and it made you start being self conscious. All your dates had been stay at home dates with either you going to the dorm or him going over to your apartment.

You were, sadly, a victim of what you call the white world. You had been surrounded by all these different shows and read books that had white girls as the lead and black girls as the minor character that for most of your life you started seeing yourself in that way. It was hard being black not being degraded. In South Korea it was even worse.

You looked at the dress Taeyong had bought for you and cringed. It wasn't because the dress was ugly but it was because it highlighted all the curves of your body and you had a lot of them (the natural and good type).  You had played netball for most of your life and that was the reason, at least to all your guy friends say that's the reason.

You turned in the mirror and you immediately felt disgusted. You weren't shaped like most girls. You had a pretty reasonable size bust with a nice hips, a small-ish waist and a big-ish butt. You had a nice body but you didn't like it.

It was crazy to think that you were going to walk into a restaurant with your celebrity boyfriend with your body shape. You didn't want to do it and you didn't have enough courage nor confidence to go on the date. You didn't want to disappoint Taeyong because he had been planning this since you two had been given the green light to go public.

You took off the dress and put on a hoodie with some sweatpants. You really wanted to go on the date with Taeyong but you just couldn't, it was way too scary. Your head, full of thoughts, quickly went to the moment when a Korean lady had told the waitress to not serve you and then attacked you. The incident hadn't happened more than two months ago but you still had a fear of eating out.

Being so caught up in your head, you didn't hear the person knock on your door, so they let themselves in. Taeyong was shoked to see you on your couch not dressed but crying. He quickly rushes to your side and held you tight. He let your tears soak his shirt as he spoke sweet nothings into your ear.
    "Y/n do you think you can tell me whats wrong?" he asked softly, not to hurt you anymore than he had already.
    "I don't want to go," you simply stated.
    "Why? Don't you want to be with me?"

It killed you that he even thought that. You had loved him and would always love him but you didn't want to ruin his reputation. Not with the hate he was already getting from being with you.
    "No Tae. I love being with you and you make me so happy. I just can't stand seeing myself in the dress you bought for me. I hope you understand that I'm not like Korean girls."
    "I know your not like Korean girls and I love that about you. You have an amazing body that you should be proud of. You also aren't trying to impress me with everything you have earned. I have met so many girls that tried to sweet talk me at fanmeets, but you didn't try to any of that with me when we first met. Even if you don't see how much I love you and your body then I promise on our honeymoon I'll praise you and your body so much that you'll see all my love. I want to show every man in Korea that I have the best looking girlfriend in the whole country, no the whole world. But if your not ready you can choose to wear another dress because I'll love whatever you wear."
    "Tae, I think I'm going to wear your dress," you said with a smile on your face.

Your goal was to enjoy the night and you knew you could do that with Taeyong by your side. You walked into your room and changed back into the dress Taeyong had gotten you. It covered everything and it made you look beautiful. The shade of f/c (favourite colour) he had picked was beautiful and made your skin shine brighter than what you ever would imagine. It had a low back and was form fitting. There was even slit in the side that made it easier to walk.