First Day

* Liv* 

Present Day, 7 years later... 

As I wake up from bed, I look at the time and see it's 6:00 am. Perfect. Hunter would be out in the front yard in less than 30 minutes, so I quickly washed up, put on a black sports bra with athletic shorts, and some jordans. I leave my room putting my hair in a long braid on my way downstairs. No one was awake at this hour yet; so all I did was grab my cold water bottle from the refrigerator in the kitchen, going to the yard, but not before going to get my duffle bag from the gym inside. I stretched and warmed up until Hunter showed up. I made him train with me every day at 6 am for 1.5 hours before I'd get to class. He decided we would just spar this morning and we finished about 45 min earlier than usual.                                

Today was going to be the first day of my junior year at the Bellaire Institute of Technology and Sciences. Marena, Nina, Jordan, and I all got accepted to the school we all wanted. It also didn't hurt that Adam and Sia were alumni of the school either and quite well known investors in their many research programs too. I ended up majoring in chemical engineering, Nina in mechanical engineering, Marena in forensic science, and Jordan in software engineering. The school was perfect for our needs and studies and better yet, private and small. This semester, Nina and I had an engineering class together at 8:30 am while Marena and Jordan's schedules started at 10 am. So that meant Nina and I would leave the estate earlier because Marena and Jordan would constantly sleep in all the time. They weren't necessarily early birds. Once Nina and I got to our class, we sat down and got our stuff out and prepared for the new class. After our class, we had a 2 hour gap until our lab class next, so we usually went to eat or would study together with the times we had; but Adam called us and told us to meet at the estate urgently. We got there in less than 20 minutes and went down to the underground control room. This was the room we would gather in to talk about missions and did our work with our team till we actually had to do field work. Once we got out of the elevator, Adam was there with Marena, Jordan and Nicole. Nicole is Adam's niece who's father died in combat and mother of cancer a couple years after we were adopted; so as you guessed it, she lived with us too and she was our hacker. She also attended Bellaire and is a computer science major and top of her class, so she's really good at what she does and is a big help with missions too. When she first arrived, I was pretty cold with her and didn't get along with her till a year later, unlike the others who had an easy time. But we are all good now and it's nothing but a joke between us. 

Adam started out by saying, "Ok girls, what I'm about to tell you is going to be a little different than the usual missions you've been on. A lot more risky and with dangerous people."

I scoffed, smilingly, "C'mon dad, what could possibly be more dangerous than the criminals we've dealt with?"

He did not seem to lighten up at the joke. 

"The difference is that these people are way above the paygrade of your typical criminal, and the this time your going to be dealing with an small army of them, not a group Liv. These guys move with no trail and we have no clue what they are trying to accomplish." He gives me the fatherly look to see if I understood that he was dead serious and I just nodded, regretting the joke at all. "Direct your eyes to the screens above." 

He showed us the people we were going to go after and the organization they were running and their accomplices. 

"These guys are not your everyday theives. They are known for killing off lots of the people they work with and always travel with some sort of army. No witnesses, no trail, and no trace of them. Scott Vale is who you got to look for, he's the guy you're after for this mission. He's the cyber-terrorist who took out all the communications and traffic lights in Miami last week that caused 24 deaths and 77 injuries so their team could infiltrate the FBI's evidence vault for stolen chips retrieved by the Russian Mob, resulting in more casualties. These chips are highly encrypted and designed by Vale himself. They got them before the Russians or the cops even did anything with them, highly doubt it since they are supposed to be impossible to unlock without Vale. They are supposed to have the bank locations along with specific information with it. Your main job is to ultimately get Scott Vale unharmed and the chips for now, nothing else. Got it?"