A grunt of annoyance left him, and it shouldn't have shot straight to my core but it did. Everything about him seemed to rub me in all the right ways, like the deepness of his voice or the touch of his eyes.

They dropped to my pyjamas, though regrettably not in the way I craved. "Who's clothes are they." He asked me as if I'd picked them from a lost and found.

"Your ex-maids."

Leo blinked, looked off and then looked back at me. "You don't have anything else to wear?"

Wow. With the way he said that I almost believed he cared. He looked at me intently, waiting for an answer but I was so taken aback by this change in him, and by the smell of his cologne that I stepped back.

He examined my movement and said a dry "Alex."

"I don't." I crossed my arms. "Are you going to take me shopping?"

"No." Leo swiped a hand over his jaw in thought, the sound of his palm against his stubble making warmth erupt inside of me. "Dante will take you tomorrow."

"Oh. Shopping and living in a palace. If I'm not wrong, I'd say you're treating me like a true Queen."

It looked like he was fighting an eye roll as he headed back to the door. "Get whatever you want. And no trouble, Alex."

I opened my arms up in a shrug. "Trouble isn't even in my vocabulary." Naturally my smile was mischievous and as he left my room, and I could have sworn I saw some sort of amusement in his eyes.

Get whatever you want.

If I may.

————————————————————————

"Can you hurry?"

Dante almost tripped over the ten shopping bags he held, steadying himself and grimacing once he lifted his head.

It was hilarious really, to watch a man with biceps the size of a melon struggle to carry all of those bags.
I knew he wanted to complain but for some reason, every time he tried he shut his mouth tight.

"Oh and make sure my Papàs limited edition chess set doesn't break."

I continued walking through the mall, sipping my smoothie with the hand that was blinged out with jewellery worth more than my house.

Leo gave me a black card - I wasn't going to spare a penny.

I ended up getting another smoothie for the way home and finally, I had some mercy on Dante and told him the day was over.

Once we got home, I tried on all of my clothes for the fashion show the maid Camilla attended. Even though she told me she had a wardrobe full of clothes as part of her salary I felt terrible for her and ended up giving her some necklaces and handbags she had been eyeing.

She went to bed, I tried to, and then I heard the sudden sound of commotion outside my window.

I sat up from my bed, narrowing my eyes as if it would help my hearing. The backyard which was on a cliff - overlooking the ocean may I remind you - was now filled with sounds of a man grunting and crying.

~Leonardo~

I didn't know what was worse. Coming home knowing there was a certain woman there to possess your mind, or coming home and finding out you had a mole.

A traitor. Alessandro, a man I'd known since I was a kid had been feeding information to a gang that'd been trying to kill me. Since we were shot at and Alex was wounded I'd always known there was somebody double-crossing me.

But the last man I expected it to be was him. I'd given him a roof over his head and in return he broke omertà, a code tattooed into the brains of everyone who worked for me.

They knew the grim consequences of betraying me, and now I was going to enforce those consequences. 

The doors of my house slammed against the walls as I stormed through them and towards the kitchen, laying eyes on Alessandro who stood smoking a cigarette.

I grabbed his cigarette and tossed it aside before Dante ran in and grabbed his neck, pushing him out the open french doors.

He stumbled back and his body flung against the backyard railing, making him groan as he fell onto his knees.

I stalked towards him, and knowing what was going to happen Dante stood at the side, one hand folded over the other and a blank expression on his face.

"What's going on?!" Alessandro exclaimed, his expression heavy with fear. He burst out into tears in seconds but I could pull my gun out, a few light footsteps padded outside.

"Is everything okay?" Alex quickly questioned, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear with worry.

Fuck. I forgot she was still here. I tilted my jaw for a moment, looking back and seeing her in her new pyjamas - ones that weren't much different than her old ones.

Alex knitted her brows as she looked at Alessandro, who was violently shaking already. "Leo?" Her eyes met mine again, and fuck. If the world hadn't tilted on its axis the way it did I'd be a free man.

Never had I seen so much bewilderment in anyone. It was pure, good, and standing here with a gun in my holster and hands covered in decades of blood, I almost felt something.

It was unfamiliar. Unexplainable, and I hated it. The feeling took my mind off of the blood thirst eating me alive, and once it came back I tightened my fists.

"Get her out of here." I snapped, my voice sharp enough for her to grow even more concerned.

"What are you doing Leo-" Dante headed towards her, before she stepped away from him and shot hatred at me. "Don't. I'm leaving."