The Not-So New Guy

"Okay Micheal-"

"Mike." He said bluntly, sick of people calling him that. That was the name she gave him and he hated it.

"Sorry, Mike. Here's your schedule and your locker combination." The Principle said, sliding the papers across the desk.

Mike just nodded, about to get up and leave.

"Before you leave I'd like you to know, misbehaviour won't be tolerated here. I know how you've behaved in the past Mike, I am very aware." She looked down her nose at him, pushing her glasses up slightly. "Kicked out of schools, held back a few years, Juvie...I know it all alright? Even the slightest thing will not be tolerated, so please, try and be good."

"Yes ma'am." He sarcastically saluted, before picking up his items and making a swift exit, rolling his eyes as he made his way to his first lesson, biology.

Due to his meeting with the Principle, he was late to class so he quickly made his way to the room and pushed the door open, not sparing a glance to the teacher as he entered. But of course his sudden appearance didn't go unnoticed.

"Hang on there mister."

Mike stopped in his tracks, rolling his eyes again before turning around to meet the teachers gaze, a few curls falling in front of his big brown eyes.

"What." He huffed.

"Why are you late?" Mr Owens asked.

"Ask the Principle." Mike bluntly replied before walking to the back of the classroom and plopping himself down on the back desk next to some random guy.

"Hey i'm Lucas." The guy said, holding his hand out for him to shake.

"Uh hey?" Mike was slightly confused as to why this guy spoke to him. Normally people just don't speak to him or are too scared to even try. He shook his hand nonetheless.

"So you're the new kid right?"

"Something like that." Mike said, knowing he wasn't really but he didn't want to explain all of that to a guy he just met.

"I like your car, what model is it?" Lucas asked.

"1965 Ford Mustang." Mike replied quickly, not really wanting to talk right now.

"Niceeee." Lucas said, dragging the word out before turning back to the teacher. He was listening intently and taking notes. Mike noticed this and rolled his eyes.

Nerd Alert.

Biology went rather slowly and next he had Maths. Lucas was in his class so he kindly offered to show Mike where to go.

By the time it got to lunch, Mike was in desperate need for a cigarette. Lucas told him that he could sit with him at lunch but Mike declined and said he'd catch up with him later. Right now, he needed a smoke.

"Well it's nice to meet you new guy." Lucas smiled as he walked towards the cafeteria.

"You too random dude." Mike chuckled slightly before practically sprinting out of the school.