Chapter 01

A loud thud of the door with an ear-damaging yell burst inside the boy's room, making him flinch and shoot his eyes wide open from his deep slumber.

"Yah! wake-up you little shit! Cook us some food, it's already five in the morning!" After yelling, his uncle immediately slammed the door shut.

Although sleepy and tired, the boy hastily got up from his bed and fixed himself before going down to the kitchen.

The moment he reached the kitchen, he spotted his uncle and auntie who adopted him are busily laughing their asses out while watching in the living room at this hour, early in the morning.

Nothing new though. He was used to it. When he's home, he always serves his aunt and uncle here and there, everything they asked for, and when he has time to go outside, he's earning money all day.

Taehyun as usual, being a good and obedient boy always obliged them because he's scared of the thought that they'll shoo him away, even though almost every day they used to hurt him physically or even emotionally by shouting and dragging some obnoxious and hurtful words- and that's only because of some very small mistakes.

Taehyun prepared breakfast for them as fast as he could and neatly placed all the food on the dining table before heading to the living room to call for his aunt and uncle to eat. And as often, after being called, they just scoffed and rolled their eyes in response.

After that though, Taehyun ran upstairs to his room, not joining to eat with them considering that they will only shoo him away if he will. So, his only opportunity to eat is after his uncle and auntie ate but sometimes, the dishes he served were all eaten up, not even bothering to leave him some, even just a little. However, that wouldn't make any sense for Taehyun to feel sad. Instead, a tint of happiness would rise upon him, thinking that maybe his recipes are good.

Taehyun opens his wardrobe and rummages through it, looking for his school uniform because today is the first day of school and it was his second year of being a senior student.

When he found his school uniform, he placed it on his bed, took his bath towel and entered the bathroom.

After bathing and fixing himself all over, he immediately walked downstairs. He saw his uncle and aunt in the living room now again, watching whatever show on TV.

"Where are you going?" His aunt asked when she saw him going down.

"School."

"And who told you to go to school today?" She raised a brow.

Confusion then plastered on Taehyun's face.

"You are not going to school today."

"But auntie, I need to-"

"I said you are not going to school today!"

Taehyun flinched at that.

"Now change your clothes and go earn money, we are running out of food in the kitchen."

"But auntie I already gave you all the money that I have yesterday and I thought you will going to use that for the-"

"Are you deaf? I said you aren't going to school today! Go earn money instead!

"But auntie-"

"Honey! Can you make this little git learn a lesson, he's being stubborn." His auntie commanded, pointing at him using her index finger while looking at her husband.

His uncle glanced at him and scoffed before standing up. He fisted his hands and Taehyun panicked.

"I- I'm not going anymore, just don't hurt me." Taehyun implored. He then quickly ran upstairs to change his clothes.