Chapter 5: Sweet sugar

"The process of making the restorative formula itself is simple. We're missing the ingredient Nitric acid. You can make it out of poop or shells. but it takes ridiculously long, and you need a shit-ton of materials, too."

Y/N furrows her brows,

"But without it, we can't make the gunpowder for guns, right?"

"Exactly."

"We shall make a fun scientific weapon... The most powerful weapon in two million years of human history! That is..."

Gen meekly replies,

"N-Nuclear weapons?"

"No, dude! We're gonna make cellular phones."

Gen and Y/N stood there frozen, taken back by Senkū's outrageous idea. The villagers were confused about what it meant and she took up the role to explain.

"It's like a device that can be used between two people to communicate! Even if you're on one end of the island, you can still hear the other person's voice!"

"S-Sorcery!"

Chrome and Kaseki started sweating furiously as if it was their fetish to learn more about science. Kohaku asks,

"Can that be a weapon?"

"In the modern era, weapons aren't all physical items like swords and guns. Communication can overturn a disadvantage in numbers!"

"But who could possibly be our double agent...?"

Senkū chuckles,

"Ah, that's right. They've been there for a long time now. Taiju and Yuzuhira."

Y/N nearly topples from hearing their names,

"They're alive?! Why didn't you tell me, you idiot!"

"Oops, I forgot."

He sticks a tongue out at her as she squints her eyes in frustration. Yuzuhira and Taiju were acquainted, especially since she was total BFFs with Yuzuhira.

"Kukuku~ The smartphone that blockhead Taiju wanted so much..."

A plan was drawn on a thin piece of wood, consisting of many different steps. The villagers were pumped up by the new creation that was about to happen.

"Making a cellphone in this stone world is an unbelievably large project."

Chrome and Kaseki's noses flared, getting extremely close to Senkū but Y/N held them back.

"Could you kindly explain how it works?!"

"You guys are way too excited about this."

"What we call a voice is simply vibrations in the air. When you pass those vibrations through a diaphragm, it transmits very slight pulses of electricity in time with those vibrations. We forcibly amplify it! *Yada yada yada* the speaker vibrates, and sound is produced!:

Y/N's head hurt slightly from his science talk but just nods along with the males. She asked him,

"So what do we need to make first?"

"Kukuku~ A cotton candy machine!"

Gen was stoned, yet again. She stood there blushing, remembering a memory during a festival.

Senkū was munching on a pink cotton candy machine and she stood by his side. The fireworks were about to start and her blushing made her face red. As they eyes made contact, her mouth started to move. However, her soft words were muffled by the loud bombing sounds of the fireworks.