❃ con. fried rice ❃

"(F/N)!"

========================================================================
approximately an hour and 29 minutes later

'Why am I here? Why am I concerned about her? Well, who wouldn't be? She was practically dying. But for what? She stopped dead in her tracks. What could she have possibly seen?'

'I couldn't believe I was stuck in this hospital-looking room when I could be playing volleyball. Not that I especially like volleyball. It is just a club.'

The sterile scent of medical equipment stung my nose.

'Ugh. Why do I have to be here? I perfectly remember what led up to this shit. Or I think I do.'

====================================

(F/n) stopped dead in her tracks causing the rest of team to stop with her. Confused at her sudden action, Suga went to check up on her, but she wouldn't respond.

"SHE'S HYPERVENTILATING!" Suga realized wailing his hands in front of (f/n)'s face with no success at waking her up from her own little world.

"What the fuck's happening?" Coach Ukai demanded from the back of our group.

"(F/n)-chan!! Are you okay?" that annoying little brat whined after her.

'I don't possibly get what the big deal is. Oh no, she's hyperventilating. So what? I don't give a fuck about that perfect little goody two shoes.....
Then why am I the person who's stuck with (f/n) right now?! Why couldn't Ennoshita or Kinoshita or Kiyoko take her?!?'

In that moment, I realized it. Face palming myself in the face, I thought to myself...

'Shit, I remember now.'

====================================

In mere seconds, she collapsed into my arms. A sudden wave of protectiveness sort of overcame me. Her whole body was trembling.

'Why was she trembling so violently? Why do I want her to stop shaking and be okay?'

"TSUKISHIMA, SHE NEEDS TO GET TO THE INFIRMARY NOW!" Suga ordered starting to outstretch his arms towards (f/n) making it clear to me that he was going to take her there.

Unexpectedly, I jolted the feeble girl away from probably the most trustworthy person on our team.

'Why would I do that?'

"No, I'll take her. I'll be quicker."

"Boke! You're the weakest runner of our ..." that stupid king called out to me but I was long gone running with (f/n) in my arms.

'She isn't waking up. Shit. Is she dead? No, she's breathing. She probably fainted. Right? Why would she faint? There's nothing even that scary in the vicinity. So what caused this?'

Out of breathe, I struggled telling the nurse what had happened. Laying the frail girl on the bed, I was told to wait here for the time being. I've been sitting for the past hour and a half in the same chair, facing the same girl.