Chapter Three

His moniker was Knowledge and his name spoke volumes. Train had been given the file on him by Pratt but there was more to his story than what was written on paper. Knowledge was a new and upcoming threat in the drug and guns trade and very well organized and resourceful. In fact, he was more of a threat than Train first realized.

He had connections everywhere. He had his hands in the pocket of politicians, lawyers, judges, and especially law enforcement. He didn't stay off the radar by making sure he paid the people holding the grid. But most important he had ties to very important people: Queen Envy and Charmaine.

Envy and Knowledge were actually partners at one time and the only male on record that spoke up against her and kept his testicles. Sure, Train had heard of him but only in short whispers like a Hood myth. He was like a black version of Keysor Soze. People heard of him but not too many people dealt with him.

However, he supposedly helped Lady Gayle set up her operations and was now the reason why Charmaine was excelling so well in her new endeavors as well. He also dealt with Tops, the man that originally had Train and his brother kidnapped. Knowledge was really known in the illegal community for two things: how to find people and how to make sure people don't get found.

Train figured it must have been the same guy that made it possible for his old captor, Kenod, to appear at his front door. Train saw evidence of that in Kenod's wallet with a slip of paper of his exact address written on it. Train ran out his apartment leaving an unconscious Kenod on the floor still bleeding from his bullet wounds. Train had called Pratt to get someone to come and retrieve Kenod and to inform Pratt he was on his way back to his office.

Train arrived at Pratt's office and was informed immediately that Kenod was no longer in Train's apartment. Pratt had sent some local enforcement officers that he was close with to check out Train's establishment and that they didn't find Kenod there. Train was worried about that though. Train knew he would see Kenod again.

The thing Train really wanted was the file he had excused earlier. Pratt was more than happy to give to him because now Train had no choice but to take this new threat seriously.

Train picked up the file and started looking at all the paperwork and photos of the new villain that now entered his life.

"Trust me when I tell you he's not a bum claiming to be big-time," Pratt reiterated folding his hands together. "He is way more than that and that is why he is on our radar."

Train looked at a mug shot photo of Knowledge that police had on file when Knowledge was still a teenager. He was light brown with hard eyes that looked like he was looking right through the photo and directly at you. He was already covered with tattoos and the light stubble under his chin made him look much older than he already was.

Train showed the photo to Pratt. "This is the only picture you have?"

"The only time we ever caught him," Pratt responded.

Train looked back at the picture. "He looks familiar though. Like I've seen him before."

Pratt smiled. "You should. Y'all both were in the same juvenile detention home."

Train looked hard at the picture. "That would explain it. We all got an education in that place. I could see why they call him Knowledge. Wait. His name is Kyheem Williams. I knew of another Williams."

"You might mean his brother Tremaine known on the streets as Trigga," Pratt announced.

Train shook his head. "Nah, not him. I knew of a King Williams. My fath...someone I knew used to work for him."

"Yes, King Williams," Pratt nodded. "That was another piece of work."

Train glance back at the photo. "Yeah, if all of those stories that I've heard about his father are true then the son has definitely got to be a force. I mean I heard of this character Knowledge but never thought anything of it. I mean his brother, you claim, Trigga, now I definitely heard of him and seen him in action. He lives up to his name. Shit, I would want that nigga by my side."