Chapter 1

the sound of the alarm echoed through the room, blending with the sound of cars passing by and birds chirping.

"arghaaghh" i jolted awake, slamming the off button. "that was such a good dream."

i rubbed my eyes, trying to remember all the details of it before it escaped my mind.

"honey, your going to be late to school," my mother then suddenly yelled from the kitchen, snapping me out of my thoughts. late on my first day? how cliche.

"Coming mom!" I holler, jumping out of bed. I start throwing stuff around my cluttered room, looking for my school uniform.

Today I was starting high school at fukurodani academy. Me and my mother recently moved here from Yokohama, but originally I was born in New Zealand.

My mother met my father, who is from Japan, on a business trip and they fell in love. My mother decided it was best if we moved to Japan together and we settled in Yokohama, Japan.

Anyway, back to the story. My mother and I moved to Tokyo after my father died of cancer last month. My mother got a new job opportunity in Tokyo and she decided to take it and now we're here. It was sad to see my home go but it was important to get over it so i did.

Our new house is located near the high school Fukurodani academy, so that's where I'll be going for the next two years. I will be starting there as a second year, as they call it, In class 6.

I find my uniform under a pile of books, luckily not wrinkled,and quickly put it on. Fukurodani's female uniform is a skirt with a collared shirt and ribbon, nothing to bad and it was quite appealing to the eyes.

I hastily brush my long brown hair and pin some of it to the side of my head. I do my morning routine as fast as I can, and run down the stairs into the kitchen where my mother is.

"Sarah," she says, while handing me some freshly made waffles. "Have a good day today, okay? And remember to be yourself, too."

"Yes," I promise her. "I better run, can't be late on the first day. Love you!"

"Love you too, babes."

I run out the door and down the steps and start making my way down the road to the school.

ew omg i tried to edit a bit of this after like 9 months without changing the whole thing and its still so bad wth ugh

i feel like the chapters get a little bit better as they go along but like yeah idk my writing changes a bit so like dont get scared away in the beginning chapters, you might notice a change near the latest ones but yeah goodbye😩✋