Witch in The Woods

Link's POV

"Uuuggghh...."

I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight peering through a window. Someone walked up to me and helped me move to a sitting position. She looked to be a woman around her 30's and had markings or tattoos on her arms similar to... to (Y/N)... what happened...?

??? "Here, drink."

The woman offered me a a wooden bowl filled with warm green-ish water which i assume was some sort of medicine. She held the back of my head and helped me drink it. The medicine was bitter but not bad all things considered.

??? "Feel any better?"

Link "Yes... thank you."

The woman nodded and told me she was going to prepare food and walked towards the fire to resume cooking.

I saw my clothes folded neatly beside me on tge bed, my torso was only being covered by large bandages that wrapped around my waist.

I looked around me, i was laying on a bed which i assume is hers. I was in some sort of wooden hut with a few windows here and there that revealed a lush forrest on the outside. The floor was made out of wood, safe for the fireplace which was made of stone. Lots of Herbs were dangled around the house, and i could also see many plants. Looking next to me i saw a small dagger on her nightstand and a bow resting infront of it with a quiver filled wit arrows hanging on the wall above it.

After taking in all the details, i looked back at the woman who was still cooking. I decided to ask.

Link "Where are we? And what happened?"

??? "You are in my home. I saw the columb of smoke from the forrest, i came rushing in to help the villagers escape and i did. I was however, late to help you on your fight but i managed to rescue you and bring you here. I tended your wounds and here you are."

Link "oh... How long was i out for?"

??? "Almost an entire day."

Link "what about the village?"

??? "Unfortunately it was burned down. Ganon... Ganon wanted to give the world a message that he was still alive and could still reek havoc."

She said the name 'Ganon' with pain and sadness in her voice. As if familiar with him. If i had to make a guess, Ganon probably destroyed her village too, it wont be out of his rotten nature.

Link "oh wait, i havent even asked your name yet."

The woman smiled, a kind and warm one.

??? "I am Tyra. I am a simple woman who lives out here alone. And helps those around me should they ever need it."

Hmm... she says she lives alone, but upon further inspection, i saw a wooden bed with (f/c) sheets over on the other side of the house.

Link "Im Link, Hero of Hyrule.

As i said this, she finished her cooking and walked up to me with a bowl of warm soup. She told me to eat it carefuly as it's still hot and left the house afterwards. She said that i must call her should i need anything.

After eating the delicious soup and resting for another few minutes, i looked outside to see that it's already dark. Tyra came back a few moments later with some herbs in her hand.

She told me that i should stay here for the night, seeing as how its already dark outside. I agreed as i was still injured and cant really go out on my own, especialy in the dark.

Tyra sat infront of the fire with her back turned to me and i soon joined her, sitting next to her.

Tyra "I saw Ganon appeared from a portal. You were heavily injured so i assume you were fighting someone beforehand... Tell me, Link.... who was it?"

Link "One of Ganon's Commanders. He told me it was his son."

Tyra flinched after hearing the words. She looked into the fire with an obvious sadness. She looked lost in thought, or... perhaps it was mourning. Her voice became quieter as she said

Tyra "What was his name?"

Link "(Y/N)"

Tyra closed her eyes and lowered her head, her hands covered her face as i saw tears stream down her hands. Then i realized... she had a ring on her finger. A plain golden ring with some carvings on it. I sat there looking away, not wanting to offend her in this state. I dont know what to say or do. I just sat there looking into the fire as she wept next to me.

After awhile, she stopped and looked at me. She apologized for her sudden outburst and began to relax a bit more.

Tyra "Thank you for telling me, Link..."

Link "It's alright. But, Tyra... do you know them?"

She turned her gaze back into the fire. Without making eye contact with me, she said...

"(Y/N).... is my son."