Festival

(Y/N)'s POV

Link took me into the heart of the village where carts and wagons filed with all sorts of food, trinkets, snacks, and other goodies are gathered, circling around a well in the center. fairy lights and colourful banners are hung on ropes around houses and onto poles. musicians, magicians, and artists display their crafts to the people, gathering large crowds of all kinds. children, adult, and even elderly.

I could only stand there in awe. the place was alive with people buying, selling, playing, singing, dancing, and merry-making. Oddly enough... i feel as though i've been in a place... long ago...

Link "so? what do you think?"

(Y/N) "it's amazing! but..."

Link "but...?"

I looked down and blushed a little.

(Y/N) "im... not very good with people..."

Link "oh you'll be fine! They're good people i promise!"

(Y/N) "well... if you say so..."

Link then looked around and spotted a candy stand of sorts.

Link " come on! i'll treat you one!"

he grabbed my hand and gently pulled me over to the stand. i felt my face heat up even more. not just from the embarrassment of being pulled around but also from the fact that Link is holding my hand...

he feels warm...

We made it to the candy stand. i only looked around awkwardly, not wanting to make eye-contact with the vendor or anyone else for that matter. As i try to avert my gaze from anyone other than the vendor. Not long after, i heard Link call my name.

Link "hey (Y/N). what do you want?"

i took a brief peek and saw a caramelized apple on a stick so i chose that. Link nodded and informed the vendor of my choice, handing his rupees and giving me my candy.

Vendor "and here you go, enjoy your date, you two!"

(Y/N) "What?! n-no! it's not a date, it-s a-.. a-.."

Link "w-we're just hanging out."

Vendor "yeah. sure you are." he said sarcastically with a mocking smile.

(Y/N) "come on Link! let's-... go somewhere else."

Link laughed and then took me to a ball-throw game. By this point, i had already calmed down a bit and Link turned to me with his usual obnoxious smile.

Link "(Y/N)! how about we play this?"

(Y/N) "you sure? you're not exactly the best at throwing stuff." i said smugly with a small laugh backing my breath.

Link "Yeah? i bet you i can get that guardian!"

Link pointed at a stuffed guardian doll hanging on the top shelf.

Normally i'd be shy with people but knowing that Link just challenged me, shyness can come later.

I looked at the vendor on the stall and asked;

(Y/N) "how many cans does he need to knock down for that one?" i said pointing at the stuffed guardian doll.

Vendor "all the cans, friend. all 10 of 'em."

I gave Link a glare which practically says 'you won't. no balls.'

Link gave another glare in return which says 'challenge accepted.'

he set some rupees on the table and the vendor gave him three balls to throw. Link looked at the cans with focus and determination sending one of the balls flying towards it. it hit the center and knocked down half of the pyramid. His second throw was a complete miss, hitting the wooden stand the cans were on instead. Link noticed it was his final shot and looked worried for a second before going back to being determined.

He brought the ball back as far as his arms would let him and then hurled it with full power, only to miss completely and hit the wall instead. He looked down, deflated.

(Y/N) "hah! told you you'd miss!"

Link then looked at me, annoyed while i still kept my smug grin of victory.

Link "yeah?! why don't you try it then!"

Hah. undenounced to him, throwing spells at enemies is my specialty.

I gave my caramelized apple for Link to hold.

i set my rupees down and the vendor gave me three. i grabbed the first one and focused in on the pyramid of cans. i can feel Link's glare from the side of my face which will only make my victory all the more sweet when i show him how it's done.

I reeled back as far as i could and focused on the bottom central can and hurled the ball at it. Bullseye! The ball hit directly the can i wanted it to! the pyramid immediately crumbled and the shockwave sent any remaining can off the stand.

(Y/N) "Hah! suck it!"

i flaunted my victory at Link as he could only cross his arms and stick out a tongue in defeat. I took back my candy from him and took a bite in celebration.

the vendor gave me my prize and i cuddled it while Link only watched with his arms crossed.

Link "wow. you're great at this. do you play with balls often?" He said sarcaticly.

I didn't expect that snarky comment from him and ended up choking on my candy as he finished his sentence.

(Y/N) "*while coughing* Uhk! you ba-ha-stard!"

Link laughed and ended up running away as i chased him. The rest of the night played out wonderfully. we had a ton of fun playing games, buying snacks, and pranking each other. i think it's safe to say it was the most fun night i've had in a long time.

We now sat at cliff-edge next to Link's house which overlooks the village. The cold breeze, the moonlit night, and the bright lights of the village really did set the scene. In fact... i may just be brave enough to...

no. no! you'll sound stupid but... what's life without a bit of stupidity? maybe i should give it a shot...

I looked at Link who had his gaze up on the starry skies. as i mention his name, he turns to me with a warm smile.

(Y/N) "Hey Link...?"

Link "hm?"

(Y/N) "i've been meaning to ask you something for a while now... if you'd hear me out..."

Link "actually, now's a good time since.. i have something i wanted to ask you too..."

The words were at the tip of my tongue and i wanted to just get it out of the way quickly but im too afraid! and by the looks of things, what Link is about to ask me must be pretty serious since he's sweating.

well here goes...

(Y/N) "Link..."

(Y/N) & Link "Will you be my boyfriend?!"

(Y/N) & Link "huh?"

we looked at each other dumbfounded. did he just say what i think he said?

Link "(Y/N)... you... like me too?"

(Y/N) "y-yes... i do. I've liked you ever since you saved me from Dad's spell i just... i was too scared to say it..."

i looked back at Link sheepishly to see a big warm smile on his face. i can't help but smile back.

Link "well... it's getting close to midnight... how about you stay here?"

(Y/N) "yeah... i'd love that..."

Link got up and helped me stand before escourting me into is house. That worked out better than i was expecting... here's hoping the future looks as bright as tonight was...