hinata / placed on a pedestal

Începe de la început

"What time?" you asked plainly. "Oh... um, is 3 okay? T-tomorrow at 3," he clarified. Never mind, I guess he didn't. You corrected yourself.

"Sounds good." you plastered a fake smile across your lips. "See you later."

The boy before you beamed back as if he were the happiest person in the world. Poor guy.

• • •

Hinata fiddled with his thumbs, mumbling greetings to use as he waited for his date. Never in a million years did he think this day would come.

He was so excited he couldn't sleep all night.

Five minutes passed, allowing the boy to calm his nerves a bit. Until another five minutes passed, causing the worry to build back up from his stomach. Then ten minutes... then fifteen.

An employee approached the first year with a faint hint of sympathy laced through his brows. "Are you going to order anything, sir?" he asked, a pencil and paper in hand.

"N-no... I'm waiting for someone, thank you." Hinata tried his best to smile at the man as he nodded his head and walked away. Not only was he paranoid, but humiliated as well. Anxiety continued to bite at him inch by inch until his entire body was consumed.

A faint laugh from outside the window caught his attention. He snapped his head towards the familiar voice, his eyes widening when he realized what he had just fell into.

• • •

"Hey, y'know that boy's friend from yesterday?" Yua hummed as she floated beside you. "What about him?" you asked. "He was really cute, maybe I should ask him out." she began to fantasize the possibilities, giggling at her own thoughts. You couldn't help but snicker, "You could do better Yua, c'mon."

"Hey! He's really cute okay," she barked back. "Even if I can do better, he's the one I like," she mumbled the last bit to herself, afraid that you would snap at her if she spoke back.

Yua rose her hands behind her head, her fingers intertwined as she continued to match your pace.

"Poor guy..." she sighed.

"Who?"

"That kid from yesterday of course! He was so excited... he probably rehearsed that the night before or something." your friend pursed her lips. "Well, did he really expect me to say yes?" you laughed, yet it sounded more like a scoff if anything.

"I dunno... you shoulda just told him "no" on the spot instead of standing him up, you're just rubbing salt into his wounds-" Yua's voice cut off on her last word, knowing she had said too much.

As she finished, your gaze met with the same boy from yesterday. Through the glass of the cafe, he stared back at you with a face you had grown quite accustomed to seeing from others: one of sadness, anger, and rejection. Except his was different, as much as you examined it, you couldn't find a single hint of rage.

You quickly averted your eyes. "That doesn't sound like my problem." your words came out hostile and venomous, forcing Yua to walk a step behind you.

What the hell is wrong with him? Doesn't he get it? You sneered as you checked the time. He had been waiting for an entire hour.