Chapter XVIII: Shyness Overload

Start from the beginning

While we're eating, our factions over all leader, Max, interupted us. Beside him was Eric and he seems like searching someone from the crowd. Is he searching me? Or maybe not. Geez. Hold on to yourself Alice. Pull your self together. He announced us our futures. Of course it is. I'm quite nervous and shy about the result and their reactions.

"Some of you trained really hard in this year. I hope it still intact in your mind the things you've learned during iniatiation. All of you still has a challenge to face yet in the next stage of training. So giddy up. Let's not make it long and get started. Here are your rankings." Max speeched us some inspirational quote. It help me lessen my worries though.

1. Edward
2. Alice
3. Uriah
4. Peter
5. Andrew
7. Drew
8. Molly
9. Marlene
10. Lynn
11. Will
12. Sarah
...............
19. Tris
20. Ethan
21. Danny
22. Rob
23. Al

And below was the red line. Thank God Al is above the line. We patted Al's shoulders. Some cheers 'Congrats Tris' and holds her shoulders. Tris was in 19th rank initiate. This was all Fours purpose all along. He let Tris captured the flag for her to get a highest score and be above the red line. That makes sense now. Four's such a clever one. But I'm not 1st though. I remembered Zeke and Will says that Four was first in his initiation and offered to be a Dauntless leader. He refused though.

I finished my food and head out. But I tripped and thankfully someone catched me. I toke off my hood to see who's my savior. He seems in his early 20's or his just 19. I don't know. His quite handsome. He has a brown sleek hair actually.

"Sorry. And thanks by the way." I say shyly. This guy. I have a good feeling in him. He seems friendly. I keep staring at his eyes and I think I'm lost in them. He has really nice grey eyes. It's attracting.

"It's fine. Oh God, your so beautiful. I'm Brandon by the way." He introduced himself. Did he said I'm so beautiful? His words made me blush. I feel my face turns red and heat up. He offered his hands after he spoke. Then I gladly accepted it. I smiled widely from ear to ear.

"I'm Alice. And your so ha-handsome too. I-I think I like you." I say shy and stuttered. This guy. His seems worth trusting. He smiled after what he heard at me. It's quite true though. God. Why do I even confess in front of a guy who I meet just by now? I must be insane.

"Thanks. I think we share the same feelings too. But I like you a lot. This is so great." He says confidently. I don't know where he get this confidence. I blushed more and I can't look at him directly.

"Uhmmm. You have any boyfriend? Well if you have then-" I cutted him from what his saying.

"No. I doesn't have one. Ever in my life. I never gotten my first either." I say shyly. Is he the right one for me? What about Eric? He smile even more that makes my cheeks blush more. His making me insane. But Four suddenly interupted us. Why is he here all of a sudden?

"Alice? Why are you with him? Anyways, we need to talk at something." Four said while his on my back. I can't afford to look at him. I'm so shy right now for the both of them.

"What are your relationship with Four Alice?" Brandon asked confused. He must think that Four is my boyfriend. His thoughts are wrong.

"Uhmmm. His my br-" I was cutted when Four piped in.

"I'm her brother so back off Brandon. I don't want you to latch off my sister." Four said while his dragging me away from Brandon. At my state, I look like a child dragged by her parent. I miss mom. But it's visiting day tomorrow. Yeah.

"See you around Brandon!" I shout before we toke turn heading towards the Chasm.

"See you Alice! Let's meet up someday!" He managed to shout before he disappeared from our sight. Four was still dragging me so I covered my face with my hood.