There's Nothing Holding Me Back

Start from the beginning

"Then tell me...tell me what you want to do."

I thought about it. I knew exactly what I wanted to do but my father would never approve. He wanted me to follow in his footsteps but now, I'm not so sure I'd do so.

"I always...had a love for helping others." I smiled at the memory of me researching ways of how to help people with health conditions in my late teens. "Like...fitness. I want to train and provide a safe environment for people with health problems to workout and feel good."

"A gym?" She asked. I probably seemed so stupid for not saying that instead of what I did say. "Yeah...I'd train here and there but I'd have professionals to do that. I want to be behind the scenes."

She smiled widely and I couldn't tell if it was because my idea that I just proposed was so stupid that it almost made her laugh or if I had done something right. "That's amazing. We'll work on it."

I knew that this was going to take some time. I had no problem getting the right people to have work for me and I had no problem with the business side of things especially knowing that Camila was my investor who was going to put her blood, sweat and tears into this upcoming business.

I knew that there was only one place where I wanted my business to be. Miami. It was home and most importantly, Camila was there - we were both there.

Thankfully in a matter of weeks, I got in touch with Camila's best marketers and investment plans. Not only that, spaces. I wanted to find the perfect place to start up my business and also, I needed a name that would be approved. Lastly, I would need a professional that could help me with the workout plans.

This was taking a few months but eventually, the place was getting modelled - just the way I liked it. The array of colours on the walls and the amount of equipment we collected was really pulling everything together.

Court was next month though and Camila and I decided that it would be best to go. As much as I wanted to stay here in Miami to continue to work on "Mendes Prime Health" I knew that I should at least go to the court and see how things were being handled.

"Mendes Financial Inc." was shut down for good and the building was emptied. Camila even helped me clear out my office which was bittersweet.

"Aww...is this you?" She held up the framed photo of me around my father's shoulders. That was the good old days.

I grabbed it from her, leaning on my desk and admired the photo. "Yeah, with my dad."

She frowned but pulled me into a loving hug. "I love you...you're doing so well. I can't wait to see all the people begging to be apart of your business." She winked, kissing me softly. "I love you too."

Court went exactly how it was expected, my father was found guilty. He would be spending 14 years of his life behind bars and I somehow pulled it together until we got back to our hotel, where I cried in Camila's arms for the night.

"You're going to be okay, my love." She rubbed my back, my cheek pressed against her thigh - soaking it with my tears.

I didn't say anything, I just cried. It felt good to just let it all out.

Things were getting better. I no longer dwelled upon my father's imprisonment but instead, I would seek happiness in the things I had in life.

Like Camila, who was a major help in the upbringings of my company that was going exceptionally well. Clients were flying in and out of the doors and I couldn't thank anyone more than Camila.

My sister moved back to Toronto to own a small bakery in our hometown which was beautiful because she always loved baking.

My mom retired but once in a while she will come and help out with the gym.

Things in life were perfect. I felt free and nothing, not even my father was holding me back anymore.

A/n

IMPORTANT:

That's the end of PART ONE OF THIS STORY. No, I am not ending this book but now the next chapters will be "part two" of the book. THIS BOOK IS DIVIDED INTO PARTS AND THIS IS HOW I WANTED TO END PART ONE.

This basically means that Camila and Shawn are moving on with their lives but obviously still together. WE ARE PICKING THINGS UP RIGHT WHERE IT LEFT OFF. It's just that we no longer have to worry about Shawn's father AS MUCH.

Okay...I hope you guys enjoyed:)

Let me know what you thought.

(Shawn and Camila's one year anniversary is coming up in the book!)