Chapter 26: Who gave you the Right??

Start from the beginning

"And that's the reason I said that maybe 'someday' I might find in me to forgive these people but I will not forget about it." Aria said in a firm tone and nodded her head in 'no'.

"And as far as 'this man' is concerned..." She said while pointing her index finger at Hunter and rose up from her seat. She leaned a little on the edge of the witness box and said "I will never forgive this man who claimed to love me and later divorced me brutally. I can never forgive someone who trusts his insecurities more than his own wife!! I will neither forgive nor forget!!" Aria said while stressing each and every word that came out of her mouth. The judge was keenly listening to her and thought about the pain that was erupting in her words.

"My Lord! The case we fought here in this courtroom a while back is something very depressing and heart wrenching. I am not only talking about my case! There are many... many girls... many women... many ladies... Huh... They are many, who have been a victim of abuses, accusations, crimes and domestic violence." She said in a soft tone looking at the judge while he kept listening to her attentively with creased forehead.

"Let the abuse be physical or verbal it doesn't matter anymore. My Lord, there is no doubt that a physical abuse leaves scars and marks on one's body. But yes, verbal abuse is no less!! It leaves scars too. Some very, very deep scars!!! It is equally painful and traumatic. The scars that they leave are so sharp and are so deeply dug into your heart that it can't be forgotten." She said in lost tone thinking about the words Hunter threw at her all these years for something she hasn't ever done.

"My Lord, I am not saying that all women are angels and all men are devils. NO! There are women who treat their men like they mean nothing to them and at the same time, there are men in this world who treat their women like a goddess." She said stressing on each and every word and yes, she wasn't wrong! There are people who worship and love their partners and treat them equals to them. But at the same time there are people, who behave worse than animals and trouble their partners.

"Just like 'my' Christopher!!" Aria said in a soft tone and looked at him. He nodded his head in 'no' mouthing 'don't cry sweetheart'. He could obviously sense her emotional turmoil. She smiled back at him gently and mouthed 'don't worry! I won't cry!!'

She closed her eyes and sighed heavily and said "So, let's talk about the men who abuse women!!" She opened her eyes and looked at every one asking "I just have one basic question to you all. Who gave you the right?"

"Who gave you men the right to abuse women? Who gave you the right to accuse them falsely? Who gave you the right to hit them? Who gave you the right to assume things about them? Who gave you the right to treat them worse than animals? Are you so caught up in your own disgusting theories that you even forget that they are simple human beings?" Aria said in a louder tone and thumped her palm on the edge of the witness box while every single person there was quiet! Pin drip silence in the courtroom! Even the judge was bound to think about Aria's questions.

"Who gave you the right? Come on, answer me!!" She said in the same tone and let her gaze fall on every single person around there and some men were unable to even look at this powerful woman and kept their gaze down in shame. But Hunter kept throwing daggers at her but knew he had to be quiet now as he had done enough damage on his own self.

"Remember one thing! He is watching you all. He is watching your acts. Each and every disgusting play of yours is being recorded out there! I am not cursing anybody but yes, we all know that what we give is all we get in return!! If you are doing something today, then be prepared! Be prepared for the consequences tomorrow." She said while pointing her index finger up as if indicating the god.

She closed her eyes for a few seconds trying to calm herself. A few seconds later she opened her eyes and asked "Tell me, what you men would do if the women being abused are your own kin? What if she is your mother, your sister, your friend or your daughter? What would you do then?"