8.

"I find myself in a shit position."

I cleared my throat and attempted to discreetly stare at the unfamiliar woman standing in front of me

I cleared my throat and attempted to discreetly stare at the unfamiliar woman standing in front of me. She was much taller than me, closer to Alexander's height, give or take a few inches. Her hair was a beautiful dark colour—flowing all the way down to her waist. It looked so silky I wanted to reach out and touch it but even I knew that would be weird, so I kept my hands to myself.

Her eyes were brown with tiny gold specs surrounding them and I realized just how similar her and Alex looked. Their noses were both straight—well, Alex's was a bit more crooked due to the usual mischievous things boys got up to in their lifetime. Hers was straight and pointy at the tip. Perhaps she was a relative of his?

Instead of gawking any longer, I cleared my throat once more and decided on answering her. "I'm babysitting, who are you?" I asked cautiously. Praying to the Gods that she wasn't here to kidnap me.

I've watched too many crime shows. I thought.

"Oh of course, I'm Serafina, Alex's sister. Mind if I come in?"

I nodded inattentively and stepped aside as she walked in, the strong scent of her luxurious perfume roaming in the air.

I didn't know he had a sister. Then again, I had only been here around three times and we weren't necessarily friends.

The comparison between them was as bright as day. They both had a very strong aura around them, as if everything they touched turned to gold. Both siblings were absolutely easy on the eyes, as elegant and dazzling as ever. Her brown eyes sparkled in adoration as the two small children came running towards her.

"Ah! Ciao amore mio, mi sei mancato!" she spoke, a huge grin breaking out, displaying her pearly white teeth.

They murmured a muffled 'we missed you too.'

She said something else to them and they scampered upstairs giggling, probably to continue what they were doing in the first place.

The guest got up from her squatting position and smoothed out the wrinkles that had appeared on her expensive looking skirt. She adjusted the Louis Vuitton bag on her shoulder and turned to me, giving me a dazzling smile.

"Sorry about that, you must be Gianna, I've heard great things." A smirk graced her features, and she stuck out her hand. I mirrored her actions and shook it.

Sensing my confusion, she spoke once more. "Alex told me about you, said the kids love you already!"

I nodded my head in understanding, but I still had a lingering question.

"I don't mean to come off impolite, but what are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Oh, of course. Sarah called and asked me to come pick up the kids- said she had errands to run, and she couldn't reach her babysitter. Seeing as you're here, I assume she eventually did."