Pilot Part 1

I run, crashing through the undergrowth, pushing through branches, and leaping over tree roots and large rocks. Following my brother, I boost myself off the ground, grip the tree branch and swing, safely making the drop. I keep running, my breathing now laboured, as I near the rocky slope, which I scramble up on all fours, pausing at the top to catch my breath and look around. Looking out to the bay, I see a fishing boat passing by. Oliver and I run along the top before coming to two bundles wrapped in green and blue fabric. I wedge a serrated knife into a crack in the rock as my brother unwraps the bundles. He grabs a bow and one of the arrows, previously wrapped in one of the bundles. He strikes it against the blade before loading it onto the bow. He pulls back the drawstring, takes a moment to ensure his aim is right and lets the flaming arrow fly. It soars in a perfect arc before landing on the unlit bonfire which lights up in a fiery explosion.

I grab my own bow and set of arrows and follow Oliver down to the rocky beach. 
"The name of the island they found us on is Lian Yu. It's Mandarin for Purgatory"
We walk towards the two fishermen.
"We've been stranded here for five years and dreamt of our rescue every cold black night since then"
We drop to our knees in front of them
"For five years, we had only one thought, one goal. Survive"
We lower our hoods and look up at the pair.
"Survive and one day returns home."

We boarded the ship and were soon wrapped in blankets and seated on the deck. 
"The island held many dangers"
One of the kind crew members brought us some hot tea 
"To live, we had to make ourselves more than what we were..."
We sipped at the tea, its warmth spreading through our bodies,
"...to forge ourselves into weapons. We are returning not the twins who were shipwrecked, but the people who will bring justice to those who have poisoned our city"
We look back at the island as we move further and further away.
"Our names are Oliver and Zephyr Queen"

---

Oliver and I stood together at the window of a hospital room, finally home after five years in hell, listening to the news reporting on our miraculous return home. It felt more strange than anything, being back home, looking at the familiar skyline of Starling City. I hear the door creak open and footsteps approach us from behind, not turning from the window until our mother's voice rings out softly,
"Oliver? Zephyr?"
"Mom."
"Hey Mom"
"Oh. My beautiful boy, my baby girl."
We cross the room towards each other and Mom wraps us both in a tight hug as she cries tears of joy, happy to be reunited with us.
"We missed you Mom" 

Oliver and I were released the very next morning and driven back to the Queen mansion. Once the car stopped, we both cross round to the back of the car to take the crates holding our bows, Oliver taking his from the driver with a firm,
"I've got it."
I follow Mom inside and drink in the partially unfamiliar scents. I gaze at the light falling through stained glass windows that must be painting an oh-so-familiar picture on the floor beneath them.
"Your rooms are exactly as you left them, I never had the heart to change them," Mom says
"Oliver, Zephyr," Walter greets. I look at Oliver, confused, as we set our crates down.
"Damn good to see you both," Walter continues, "It's Walter," He adds quietly, before continuing more confidently "Walter Steele."
"You remember Walter," Mom explains, "Your dad's friend from the company"

Walter nods slightly as Oliver and I pass by to greet Raisa, who just entered the foyer.
"It's good to see you, Raisa," Oliver says
"Welcome home Mr Oliver, Ms Zephyr," Raisa replies, "Mr Merlyn phoned. He wants to join you for dinner," she adds, talking to Mom.
"Wonderful," Mom replies over the sound of a door opening upstairs, "Oliver, Zephyr, did you hear that?"
We cross to the bottom of the stairs, just as Thea appears at the top

"Hey, sis."
"Hey, speedy" Oliver and I greet at the same time
A large grin spreads across Thea's face as she rushes down the stairs toward us.
"I knew it, I knew you guys were alive!" she says as she hugs us, "I missed you so much."
"You were with us the whole time," Oliver replies softly