DREAMS x AND x DEMONS

Começar do início

"Kyros!" I screamed, running towards him.

I stopped short as Azaro pressed the tip of the spear against my brother's neck, sending out a clear warning. "Now, now, little girl, I'm giving you a chance. Come quietly, or I'll slit your dear brother's throat."

Panic overwhelmed me, the icy fingers of fear seized my heart. My hands shook, holding unsteadily onto my knives. I looked towards Kyros, and my eyes met his. Despite his situation, the glimmer of determination remained. He mouthed two distinct words. "Use it."

I knew full well what he meant, still, I didn't know if I had the strength to do it. I couldn't control it. It controlled me. But at that moment, it seemed I had no other choice. My gaze fell on Kyros again, and he gave a slight nod. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes. I felt the dark aura release from inside of me, circulating through my blood. Instead of resisting, I let it overtake me.

Then, my eyes snapped open. My vision was now a distorted world, tinted black. Where people should've been, there were glaring red shapes. Eliminate.

I watched as the scarlet figures rushed towards me. A smile crept onto my face. One by one, I cut through them, with inhuman agility, each one fuelling my insatiable bloodlust. I extended my arm, and monstrous black spikes protruded out of the ground, slashing a line of enemies.

As the blood rained down, I let out a psychotic laugh. Yet it wasn't mine.

Suddenly, a sharp pain tore through me, and I dropped to my knees. A spear had been plunged into my abdomen. To my own surprise, I chuckled in deranged amusement. Unblinking, I slowly pulled the spear out, and the wound closed itself within seconds.

I tilted my head back, as hysterical laughter escaped through my lips again. I couldn't control it. At that point, there was no going back. It was unhinged.

Towering shards of obsidian shot through the ground relentlessly in all directions. Humans dropped dead around me, one wave after another. Until there were only two left.

I averted my gaze towards them. "Play with me, Azaro." The demonic voice resounded in the empty alley. I picked up the spear from the ground, and an evil notion set in. Smiling, I returned the weapon to its wielder, with unnatural speed. I heard the satisfying sound of steel penetrating flesh, and tasted the familiar scent of blood.

But what I saw was Kyros collapsing onto his side, as the Shadowbeast fled into the night. What have I done?

Slowly, the darkness receded from my eyes, and my vision cleared, along with the horrific understanding. I stumbled to my brother, and fell beside his damaged form. "No... no, this isn't happening..." I stuttered in disbelief, as my eyes began to sting, while watching the crimson blood flow freely from his wound. The same colour stained my own hands.

"Kyros, stay with me... I'll get help," I stammered, breaking down in despair. "Please, don't go..."

His wistful gaze met mine, as if to say it was already too late. "No... you can't leave me... I still need you." A torrent of tears streamed down my face.

He smiled sadly at me. "I love you." He whispered, before his eyes closed forever.

"No, please... come back..." I heard my own voice crack and turn into heart-wrenching sobs. "I'm sorry, Kyros... I'm so sorry..."

The rain stopped. And so did his heart.

I knelt on the ground, clutching his lifeless body. Loneliness merged itself with the shattered pieces of my heart, as the world crumbled around me into darkness.

And in the darkness, a voice echoed.

"You killed him."

"You killed him."

"You killed him."

Hisoka ~

A sudden scream broke through the silence. I turned to Kira, as she thrashed in panic. Her breathing was rapid and uneven, and she was gasping for air. In a quick motion, she drew her knife. Yet her hand trembled as she gripped tightly onto the hilt. What just happened?

"Kira."

She spun sharply at the sound of my voice. Her eyes were wide open, wild with terror, like a cornered animal. She looked so... vulnerable.

"It's okay, Sweetheart," I said softly. "No one's going to hurt you."

Slowly, her expression began to ease, and her breathing steadied. But soon tears came streaming down from her silver eyes. The knife in her hand clattered onto the floor, as she cried uncontrollably. "I didn't mean to... I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay." I repeated. "You've done nothing wrong."

"Kyros..." She stammered, voice shaking.

Kyros? Who is he? Doesn't matter. Focus on Kira right now.

"Sweetheart, it's fine. You're okay." I reached out and held her face in my palms, attempting to wipe away the tears, but they just kept on coming. I wrapped my arms around her, and to my surprise, she clung onto me, as if desperately grasping a lifeline. I held her closer, hoping she'd feel safe. Safe? Around me?

Gradually, she started to calm down. I gently cradled her head in my arms. "Go back to sleep, Kira." I soothed, stroking her hair. "It was just a dream. Nothing more." Was it though?

It took nearly ten minutes before she drifted back to sleep again. Gazing down at the fragile girl curled in my lap, a startling realisation dawned on me. Of all the people I've met, she was the only one who wasn't afraid of me, who didn't look at me in fear. Unlike many others, she never saw me as the monster I truly was. This girl willingly came into my open arms. But why?

Could it be, that she was more afraid of herself?

~~~~

Hi guys! Thanks for reading, hope you liked this chapter.

This one's a bit different, mainly just to show Kira's backstory. But that's not all of it, there's more about her past yet to be revealed (or thought of, actually).

I accidentally made Hisoka really sweet, I apologise if it came across really weird. I momentarily forgot that he is a killer clown. I only realised after I finished writing, but I didn't wanna change it because I'm really liking this side of him.

If you've enjoyed this chapter, please vote and recommend, I'd really appreciate it :)

~ krypto