𝘿𝙖𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙞𝙥

When Madison got to the third level of the dropship, she saw Bellamy sitting on a crate, in front of the grounder

'He's not going anywhere, you know. You don't have to watch him every second of the day.' said Madison and sat down next to him. Bellamy turned to look at her slightly. Her skin had regained some of it's color back, and small cuts were peppered across her face. The grounder looked between them. Bellamy was trying to memorize her face.

'Did you give him any food, or water?' asked Madison and met Bellamy's eyes. The man stayed quiet. 'God, Bellamy! Seriously?' She stood up and grabbed a poor excuse of a water bottle, and slowly walked towards the grounder.

Bellamy tensed with each step she took. 'I'm sorry Octavia hasn't been up here. But king jackass over there isn't letting her. Kinda stupid if you ask me.' She brought the bottle to his lips, and to her surprise and Bellamy's, the grounder didn't pull away.

He drank the whole bottle, and Madison laughed slightly. 'Let's never let that happen again.' She reached in her pocket and pulled out a couple berries that she found. Monty approved of them, but Madison was sure the grounder knew them better.

'Okay, pick the ones that are good and I'll give them to you.' She brought her hand up to his eye level and he eyed the berries. He jerked his head slightly to a few and Madison fed them to him.

From behind Madison, Bellamy was watching her every move. He was scared the grounder would break free and snap her body in half. He watched as she picked up a berry, which made the grounder's face scrunch up. She laughed slightly and said something to him. Too quiet for Bellamy to hear. But he did hear the sound of air leaving his nostrils, almost in amusement.

'Not good, huh. We'll save them for king jackass.' Madison knew that this time, she wasn't hearing things. The grounder laughed. She got closer to him.

'You understand me, don't you?' Madison asked. A barely noticeable nod was her answer. 'Did you talk to your dad?' asked Bellamy and his voice made Madison jump slightly.

'Not yet. I told Miller to come get me when it's my turn.' Just then the hatch opened and Miller's body came into view. He stopped next to Bellamy.

'Did you talk to the Ark?' he asked. Miller put his hands on his hips. 'I told Diggs' mom the news, John's dad. I'm supposed to talk to Roma's parents later.' He said quietly before looking at Madison. 'Your dad's in a meeting right now. With the rest of the council and Clarke.' the girl nodded.

'Thanks for doing that. I owe you.' said Bellamy. Miller looked at the grounder. 'Telling all these parents that their kids were murdered by grounders...I just wish I could say we're getting some justice.'

'We're not killing him.' said Madison firmly. Miller looked at her before he grabbed a bowl of berry paste and walked up to the grounder. 'Miller, what are you doing?' He ignored Madison.