Idle Chat

"Nya~where...where am I?"

~

Yukko was surrounded by darkness. No sound. Just empty space. A feeling of unease quickly filled her body. She knew she was alone but deep down something felt off. She wanted to call out to someone, anyone, yet couldn't. At that point her voice stopped coming out. Fear entered her mind.

~

"Give into that fear," whispered a familiar voice into her ear. "Allow me to help you by giving in."

~

She looked behind her only for nothing to be there. Darkness clouded her vision. This voice which had helped her before now carried a different tone. It put her senses on high alert, treating this voice as an enemy, not a guide. Her body wouldn't move, more like it couldn't move. Something was holding her in place.

~

"...W...who," words struggled to come out. She took a big gulp, trying to continue to speak but fear wouldn't let her. She knew the moment she finished her words an unwanted answer would be given to her but curiosity would be the end of her. "...are you?"

~

Suddenly the darkness around her began to wrap around her body in a snake like motion. "You know who I am." Her body tensed up as the voice spoke to her once again but this time she could see who was speaking to her. A face appeared in front of her with bright, gold eyes and sharp pupils which resembled that of a cat.

~

From the darkness that had almost wrapped completely around her body, two arms emerged from them. One hand placed on the Neko's cheek while the other played with the girl's hair, twirling it around their fingers. The face leaned closer to her, whispering something in her ear. Her eyes widened while the figure broke into a fit of laughter.

~

Yukko jolted awake in a cold sweat, breathing heavily and almost crying. It would appear she was having a dream, or more like a nightmare that felt more than real. She looked down at her body, feeling relieved that it was all in her head but there lay another question, why was she asleep in the first place? And why did her body feel drained of energy?

~

"You're finally awake," spoke a familiar voice. When the Neko turned her head she spotted Kumo sitting on the edge of the neighboring bed facing her with a cup of coffee at hand. However, she wasn't the only one here. Sitting right next to her was the Griffin they had encountered. The twins weren't with her.

~

"This is the hotel," she finally realized. "What happened? The last thing I remember was facing that Phoenix but even then I can't remember less than half of what happened." Her memory was foggy, similar to those other few times when she used her magic. "And why is she with you?"

~

The Elf gave a quick glance at the Griffin before answering the confused Neko's question. "My former student here was hoping to ask you a few things once you woke up. It's been a few days. You've drained a lot of your energy during your fight with the princess. I'll explain more after she is finished questioning you."

~

The Neko held her ears down. First she was told that it has been a few days and now she is going to be questioned by this Avian with an intimidating presence. She didn't think she had a choice in this situation as she herself wanted answers as to what happened after the fight.

~

The Griffin Fei questioned her about a few things that occurred during the fight. She wanted to understand the type of magic she possessed that was capable of mimicking another user's magic with ease. The Neko answered to the best of her abilities, explaining the curse she holds. The Avian would at times look over at her former teacher as she had the ability to sense whether or not something was true. Similar questions were asked and similar answers were given until one certain question threw her off.

~

"Why did you lose control?"

~

"Huh? W-what do you mean?"

~

"Once the battle was over," began Kumo. "Everything about you was different. Inside the barrier you acted like a wild animal, using those violet flames in order to break free from it. Zeo went inside the barrier along with Fei in order to stop you and to ensure the princess's safety." How she was stopped she wouldn't say as a certain someone asked her to keep quiet about it

~

Yukko's expressions quickly changed to a terrified one. It was made obvious to the two older women that she had no clue as to what she did. However, that wasn't her main concern.

~

"Zeo, where is he?"

~

"He is with the Blacksmith," she lied. This was the main reason as to why she remained by the Neko's side until she awoke. It was to ensure she didn't know the full truth. That Falcon didn't want to make his friend worried, more so than she should be. "The Blacksmith asked for his assistance. He is there with the twins as well."

~

The Neko felt relieved that he was fine but this was all too much for her. She wanted to lay down again. She wanted to wrap her head around what had happened to her. The Elf could tell she needed space and stood up as did her student. "We'll leave you be for the time being," she said, both walking towards the door and leaving the room.

~

Outside the room, Fei couldn't help but question why her teacher had to lie, especially when it concerned that demon. She stayed silent for a moment. "It isn't my place to tell her," was her answer. "I'm certain he will tell her when the time is right, until then I will stay silent. I trust you will do the same." Her student nodded, trusting her teacher.

~

{...}

~

Zeo stood in the middle of the clearing where the battle took place days ago. The ground he stood on top of was scorched. Crystal pillars protruded from the ground up, the aftermath of Fei's magic. The effects of dark magic lingered in both the air and the ground. A lot occurred in order to stop his friend's rampage.

~

He held his right hand, feeling guilty as to what he had to do. It was the only thing to do at the time but that wasn't all that happened. Once she was stopped his magic had given out. The barrier that had been put up with his magic broke apart. He was about to collapse from overusing his magic in the Overworld and no choice but to use her. That was the reason she stayed bedridden.

~

He ordered the others to stay quiet about what happened, not wanting her to learn anything about it or else he would have to do what he did 8 years ago (80 in the demon realm, time be strange). He still needs her to be around but recently he has begun to think of her as a tool for his survival and not as a friend.

~

"I need to learn how to survive without needing to use her. The only way to do so is by mastering my Sacred Weapon. It's the only way to ensure I don't make the same mistake twice."

~
He looked up to the sky, watching the faint moon in the morning sky. The wind blowing softly while thinking back to a certain night with a certain person. His words echoing through his mind. {I can no longer hold back if I wish to avenge my Kingdom and protect those around me, with one exception being him,} he thought, a small smile appearing on his face. "For that it seems I'll have to summon him once daylight falls."

~

"Isn't that right, Konsú?"

~

~

~

>A short chapter compared to the others cause I wanted to. The story is somewhat different compared to the first time I wrote it. Gonna do something with all these characters cause like there's gonna be so many and not on purpose. It's hard to keep remembering things about characters when you're so out of it. Next update will be who knows when cause I gotta figure out my ordering again lol, till then.<