The Strange Boy

After the recent events involving those Imps, the group has been on high guard ever since. From that point onward the four of them had traveled for days stopping only during the night. Within the small group things have gotten quite tense as well. The source of that tense belonged to Jayce. Ever since that day his distrust in the Demon Prince only grew. His hatred towards his race increased as well and the voice in his head only encouraged that hatred.
~

During their travels, Kumo had been leading the group. Out of the four of them she knew the region best, though that was no surprise. No one knew exactly where she was leading them besides her partner, though it was hinted at a while back.

~

"Nya~where exactly are we going?" asked the tired Neko.
~

The group stopped for a moment as Kumo realized that she had forgotten to tell them exactly where she was taking them. "The plan, of course, is to head to the Elven Empire in order to gain their alliance," she answered. "Had we ridden a carriage we would have already arrived, but that is not the case sadly. Flying would have also gotten us there faster as well but, only one of us is capable of that ability," she states. They all turned to the only Avian in the group while he only looked away. "It seems you are also suggesting my ability to control wind. A request I cannot perform knowing that my strength is still lacking."
~
Kumo smiled a bit, surprising even her partner. He hadn't seen her smile much after a certain incident that occurred in the Empire, so this was something he couldn't accept deep down. "I know, it was only a suggestion," she points out. "Let's continue onward. Wasting time standing around isn't doing much for any of us." They agreed and continued traversing through the seemingly never ending forest.

~
"You should control yourself better," spoke that voice. "Your intentions are only becoming clearer to those around you. With each passing day you are only giving yourself away." Jayce already knew that, but his impatience made it difficult to hide. "I suggest keeping your cool or else your goal will become that much harder to achieve. Another piece of advice, keep an eye out for the crimson covered moon that has reached its peak." His head perked up slightly from this advice. As he was about to ask what the voice meant it had already faded away.
~

{Crimson covered moon?} he thought. {And one that has reached its peak. Something like that would take centuries to appear, does that mean?}

~

Yukko's tail swayed in an annoyed manner as she glared at the male in front of her. She knew he was planning something and didn't like it. "You seem wary of that male," mentioned her own voice. "He's a threat to you and to those you care about." It tried its hardest to convince her to use that power for selfish needs, but she ignored it. She was still unsure of that power herself after all.

~
"Are you alright?"

~

Her train of thought was interrupted and she looked up to see Zeo carrying a concerned expression on him. "You've been quiet for some time. Is something one your mind?" he asked. She shook her head and just smiled. She didn't want to worry him. "It's nothing," she said confidently. "Just tired of walking for so long." He didn't believe her words at first, but in truth he was also tired. "As am I. This world takes a lot out of me, more so than anything I've had to deal with. Even so, I endure it. Just like you."

~

The Neko blushed slightly. As she was about to speak a crunch of leaves caught her attention. Her ears twitched, trying to find the sound. She stood in place as so did the others seconds after. "There's something here," she warns. Kumo made a sign with her hands signaling them to not make any sudden movements. With her ability, she was able to sense all living beings around a certain field. This required patience, and luckily whoever was out there was nearby. She used her magic on the ground and from the distance there was a sound.