Part#11

After they left the pyramid, the weather was calm. (YN) was still thinking if what he saw in the pyramid was just a hallucination. He put his right hand on the khopesh's handle and heard a voice.

Anubis : "It was not a hallucination, it is true."

(YN) : "Oh... Even though I should be used to this kind of thing... I am still not."

Anubis : "You are an otherworlder, right?"

(YN) : "Yep."

Anubis : "Is there a dark lord in your world as well?"

(YN) : "I am from the realm that Keeper calls "modern" No gods, no kings, no demons except for inner ones. It still doesn't stop us from self destructive wars."

Anubis : "Oh, that is weird, now if you think about it."

(YN) : "We don't even have magic, it's all technology."

Anubis : "Now that I've looked through your memories, your humanity actually stands a chance against the Demon Lord."

(YN) : "Then how did empire stood?"

Anubis : "I have no idea, what is that Empire you speak about."

(YN) : "The only human state that is not a demon realm."

Anubis : "Oh... That is preposterous."

(YN) : "Well, at least all the uncorrupted races are together standing against corruption, that and Demon Lord not being involved in conquering anymore."

Anubis : "She is insufferably cocky."

(YN) : "Well, if it wasn't for the all corrupting demonic energy, we would be the ones to have the last laugh."

Anubis : "Yes indeed, (YN), yes indeed..."

(YN) : "So, what can you do to help?"

Anubis : "I can offer you protection from demonic mana and my skills of swordfighting, besides the sword itself  commands the cold winds of hell and the light of heavenly sun, though sadly it won't be enough to purify a person."

(YN) : "That's great, but since I am incorruptible, can you give your protection to Arthur? I am not exactly fond of thought of killing him if he gets corrupt..."

Anubis : "Just stay near him and hell be fine, but when I'll use my other powers my presence will be revealed."

(YN) : "How exactly?"

Anubis : "In the end SHE will notice my godly mana, and your shadow will be replaced with mine, and your voice will be distorted."

(YN) : "It's as if you're possessing me or something..."

Anubis : "It's not entirely true, but in a sense, yes."

(YN) : "If I thought that I would be speaking to a Egyptian god while going on a crusade to save humanity in some fantasy world, I would go to a therapist, but that is my life now. Still
makes me want to go to therapist, because it's still messing with my mind."

Anubis :  "Egyptian? So you do have gods in your world?"

(YN) : "Probably, but they never revealed their presence."

Anubis : "Hmm, now that I've looked through your memories again, our worlds are awfully similar, yet so different."

Keeper : "Well, the Modern Realm (YN) is from, is one of the most ancient and stable realms. So, some gods use it as a crutch in order to make stable worlds that will not destroy themselves."

Anubis : "Y-your grace-"

(YN) : "Hello again Keeper."

Keeper : I see you've progressed far (YN), but be weary of your surroundings, I swear I felt a powerful presence nearby some hours ago..."

(YN) : "Perhaps they were the reason that sandstorm happened?"

Anubis : "Everything is possible, you did mention a sandstorm chasing you and forcing you to take shelter in my tomb."

Keeper : "Anubis, (YN) keep your eyes peeled, the enemy might have done their first move, do not let them become a hindrance to you."

Anubis : "So you're going to Zipangu to... Free that mad woman?"

(YN) :  "You mean the goddess, Palebloods pray to? Yeah, they promised to aid Arthur in his crusade, if he helps destroy Zipangu."

Anubis : "I see..."

Keeper : "Well, that is not stopping the Demon Lord, but bringing back the loyal gods is a good thing too, I will make sure that Arthur heads straight to Makai after this. Be careful, goodbye."

Anubis : "He... Spoke to you just like that?"

(YN) : "What do you mean?"

Anubis : "I don't remember him being so... So normal, if that makes sense."

(YN) : "Well, I don't think that it matters right now."

Anubis : "You know what? You are right. Now if you'll excuse me, I will leave and rethink my poor life choices."

(YN) : "Oh..."

(YN) looked around, while he was talking with them he zoned out a bit.
He looked at the vast expanses of the desert they were going through. He shook his head and proceeded to go.

Timeskip...

They have finally left the goddamn desert, and they found a settlement, with little amount of relatively harmless mamono, and as always they were going to spend a night in a local Inn. And Arthur now has his armour back on. But there were questions in (YN)'s mind. He remembered when he met Arthur for the first time. The guy struggled to hold his ground against an Oni, and the Monster Lord would probably smear him on the floor in mere moments. What was he hoping for? That Demon Lord will just yield?
(YN) looked at Arthur who was sitting near him and drinking sidre he ordered. Michelle and Kohako were nowhere near them, and barmen was elsewhere. (YN) lightly hit Arthurs hand with his elbow to get his attention.

Arthur : What is it? *sips*

(YN) : How are you going to defeat the Demon Lord?

Arthur : I won't, no one can not even the goddess.

He said as he looked down. (YN) sighed heavily.

(YN) : And why do you go on a suicide mission that will not change anything?

Arthur : Its a penitence crusade, I do not do it because of vain notions of duty and honour, but to clean the honor of my family.

(YN) : Oh, that's how it is. Some ancestor is swinging the wrong way right now and it screwed over humanity, I suppose?

Arthur : Yes, he screwed US over, really hard.

He said as he finished his drink. (YN) could see perfectly that Arthur lost his
mood. Must be something serious. He got up and walked away. And for the first time in forever (YN) was truly alone. He tapped his fingers against the counter to a beat of a song he was humming. (Choose the song you want)
The Inn itself was empty since it was quite late. Then he saw barman who has came back and started to clean mugs and other pottery. (YN) got up and walked to the fireplace and sat down before it, again sticking his hand into it. Barman looked at him in bewilderment, as if he didn't realise that (YN) wasn't a human and rushed towards him immediately. But when (YN) pulled his hood down, everything was now clear. They shared a laugh an the rest of the night was relatively peaceful...