Part #6

It is morning, and (YN) and Arthur were going to head out (YN) had his backpack on while Arthur finished polishing his armour. Later on they went outside the town. Somehow they managed to escape her...

(YN) : "And the sweet, sweet victory!"
*his train of thoughts was stopped, because gleefully he bumped into something*
Arthur : Oh, g-good morning Michelle...
(YN) : *takes a few steps back* "SHIT"
Oh hello, didnt see you there.
Michelle : You seemed exited. Cant blame you though. Because i myself wish to see what is behind our mountains.
Arthur : Dont get too exited, for now. If we are going to keep the same pace as before... We are going to reach to the outpost in a few days.
(YN) : What is this outpost?
Arthur : Its the territory of the PaleBlood cult. As scary as they sound they are not hostile to the uncorrupted. Just show them your guild card and everything will be fine.

And they went down the footpath. While strolling throught the forest. (YN) asked :

(YN) : Arthur, what is this PaleBlood cult?
Arthur : I've never seen one in person but what i know. That they are the servant's of one of the surviving gods, well not exacly surviving, her soul was shattered after the Chief goddes fell when battling the demon lord and the first hero. That goddes was an embodiment of death and bloodlust. And when she was shattered she felt such an anger that all of her shards are still feeling it. But the things is that her cultist's are suprisingly calm.
Large part of her shards have infused with the crimson moon. (Yes there are two moons in this dimension) And when its a full crimson moon the Pale Blood cult is starting their hunt, going berserk and killing every corrupted being in their way. On the other side they are great blacksmith's, but they will forge a weapon only for their fellow cultist.
Michelle : Iv'e actually met them in our town. Ironkin's werent bothering them since even i felt a cold chill down my spine when i looked them in the eye's.
(YN) : So they are very creepy guys that live for the sake of murdering all the monsters and traitors?
Arthur : Well, yes. But their main goal is to liberate and purify Zipangu since it was their goddes's domain. After that they will gather all of her shards and fuse them back together and recreating her,in an underground shrine that is hidden under Zipangu's palace. And they will countinue to fight against monsters but alongside Order. But they are a great aid to humanity and other uncorrupted race's. But they are not exacly cooperative and sociable people.

Few hours later...

They were walking down the road for a quite long time. But nothing happened.

(YN) : Why is nothing happening?
Arthur : We are still fairly close to Imperial borders. I dont think that we are going to encounter a monster until tommorow.

*something in the bushes. SFX*

Michelle raised her fists, and Arthur unsheathed his Zweihander.

And suddenly, its just a rabbit

Arthur : My lunch, about time!

And he pulled his sleeve on his left hand to reveal this.

A small dart crossbow

A small dart crossbow. (He shoots it the same way spiderman shoot's his web) He shot the rabbit,and put it in his backpack.

(YN) : Youre cruel.
Arthur : My dry rations are not endless. So i figured that i can use some rabbit jerky.
Michelle : You cant blame him, you can survive of sunlight and fire and thunderbolt. I eat metal and i am strong enough to bring alot with myself. (Ironkin need the mana that metal contains.)
(YN) : I get it. But life is a precious thing that we need to preserve.
Arthur : You are right, all life is a gift from our Chief Goddess, and killing is a sin. But in the circle of life every your sin against nature will be forgiven. Since inteligent people grow crops, we have farms with plenty of animals that live their life much better then their cousins. But they have to pay the price. For good life they lived. In a place where life ends a new one will start. But demons will ruin this. And all the inteligent uncorrupted life will die, thus destryoing the balance, and flow of spiritual energy will be stopped and our world will die.
(AN) : As you could've guess in most dimensions people's do not know about the Soulstream and Keeper. And Keeper think's its better, because in most of realitie's people do not know how to use soul energy : aura, mana, psychic powers ETC. And we know how destructible and unfair magic and power's like this. And how much problem's they cause.

Weaker people = less headache for Keeper

Later...

(YN) : Arthur, i've been thinking-
Arthur : Is this about Empire's defence?
(YN) : Yes it is. How did you figured that out?
Arthur : You lost your memory less then a week ago. And you are not that dumb despite your memory being bad.
(YN) : ...
Michelle : Just tell us more Arthur.
Arthur : Empire's defence is different depend's on what race or oranization is living near our border's.
You have seen how Ironkin's and human's do this. Since its nearly i possible to build a giant wall to keep the monster's out, human's have Guild, Order, PaleBlood cult, Imperial army and more. And Ironkin set their fortress-town's in the most dangerou's of enviroment's, while Empire is supplying them with the thing's they need in exchange of resourses that are exclusive in there. Dwarf's are busy with repopulating. You can rarely see one in the guild. They are miner's and blacksmith's not fighter's.
They work for Empire to atone for their sins, because they believed that Demon Lord wanted peace between sentient race's and monster's. And Elven want to destroy all of the Dark Elve's (corrupted breed of Elve's). Elve's are good ranger's and magician's. Known for their spiritual energy manipulation (magic) they usually make simple enchantment's and spell's. Well mostly Human's and Ironkin are defending the Empire, since there is alot human's and Ironkin's are uncorruptible.

They looked up, only to see that the sun was setting down. (YN) and Michelle gathered some wood. While Arthur was busy with the campfire.

Later...

(YN) was lying on a large rock and stargazing. Arthur was done with rabbit meat and fell asleep. Michelle id polishing her armour and gauntlet's, leaning on the same rock that (YN) was lying on.