Chapter 6

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She dealt with love before but it was nothing serious. Teenagers, immaturity, she didn't put much effort in the relationship. They broke after a few week, things went normal. Finished highschool then university.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She was working, newly employed. The CEO of another company came with his son, they both fell inlove at first sight. The past relationship she had was a failure, both put no effort into it.

She was determined to give her utmost effort for this relationship. Her loyalty and determination were her greatest strength. There were ups and down in their relationship but she managed to maintain it.

The heir was possesive of her, cannot handle other men talking to his loved one. The main cause of the bumpy road in this relationship. This was his 5th relationship, he never met someone like her. She was special.

That was the drama Hayoung watched on television, one of her favourites. It felt like watching herself.

...

"Taejun.." Hayoung said as he walked closer to her. Getting closer, her back already touched the door. He trapped her, nowhere to run.

Suddenly their lips touched, it felt cold. No love in it. It felt force, he was forcing it. She didn't like it, she used all of her strength and managed to push him.

"Taejun.. Let's not do that again" she said, looking at him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Why don't you stop doing that again" he retorted, arms crossed.

"What?" She questioned.

"The squirrel guy in your office, don't interact with him" He said in an obvious tone even though it wasn't for Hayoung.

"You mean Seoho? What now, Taejun? He's just a coworker" Hayoung sighed.

"Well, I don't like how close you are with him. Keep your distance"

"Ugh, he's just a friend Taejun! Let me be friends with guys. It's not like I'm dating them, I'm with you" She rolled her eyes. "You can be friends with girls, why can't I?!"

"Because I can!" Taejun increased his voice and she flinched.

Hayoung thought this was going to be a best day yet here she was. Having an argument with him over the pettiest things.

"You know what, Taejun. I'm tired of this, I just got home and we're doing this.. Can you please leave?" She was frustrated and moved aside, not looking at him.

Taejun clicked his tounge and exited the room with anger. Hayoung watched his departure and rubbed her temples. She went to take a bath and she was exhausted, almost falling asleep in the bathtub.

After she got out of the bathroom, she saw Youngjo waving at her. It cheered her up a little and she quickly went to him.

"Is everything okay?" Youngjo asked, worries plastered on his face.

"Just got into a fight with my boyfriend" She shook her head. "An annoying one that is" she added.

"Ah, I wish I could help you" Youngjo sent a sad smile.

Hayoung smiled "It's okay, seeing you already cheered me up."

"That's glad to hear!" Youngjo exclaimed.

Hayoung giggled at his cuteness, she loved how the tip of his mouth curved upwards and his beautiful eyes. It reminded her of a cat and she adores cats. She brought her palm close to the mirror and sparks appeared, tickling her hand.

She was used to it by now and it didn't felt as bad as when she first met him.

"I need to sleep now, Youngjo.. Goodnight" Hayoung yawned.

"Alright! Sweet dreams, Hayoung" He nodded and vanished from her sight.

She climbed to her bed and pulled the blankets over her head. She was about to fall asleep when her mind suddenly said.

"How did he know Seoho came close to you?"

Hayoung opened her eyes in a speed of a light and thought over it. It's true, she had to agree. How did he managed to know?

But her thinking didn't last long as she was tired with the day. She fell asleep without a proper answer to the question.

...

It was the weekends, Hayoung was making tea in the morning for herself. She wanted to meet up with Minseo again but at the same time, she didn't want to bother her. She decided to text her a message.

"Hey, can we meet up?"

She quickly got an answer from her.

"Sorry, I can't. I need to attend a fashion show with Geonhak :("

"It's okay and you have to mention him ;]" Hayoung laughed while typing that. She knew Minseo fell head over heels for the guy.

"Shut it!"

Hayoung chuckled. She scrolled down the contacts list, she really want to call her for an update but maybe she's still busy researching. She looked at the contact name "Taejun love" and she sighed.

She pressed call and after a few rings, it was suddenly declined. They could make it up right now but he decided not to. Hayoung admitted this was childish but she still love him, "he just need time" she agreed to the thought.

Since nobody wanted to hang out with her, she went to her bedroom. She stood infront of the mirror "Youngjo.." she called.

After a few seconds, Youngjo slowly appeared in the mirror but he looked gloomy. Hayoung touched the mirror and tried her best to resist the tingling. "Is there something wrong?" She asked worriedly.

Youngjo looked down and said "nothing." he sounded broken.

Hayoung pushed "You could tell me anything.. I wont tell anybody. Heck, they don't even know I have you" she said with a smile, trying to lighten up the mood.

But Youngjo remained silent and Hayoung grew more worried, "He still isn't comfortable with me with these stuff" she thought. Hayoung continued "It's okay, don't bottle up your feelings.. Do you have friends over there?"

Youngjo finally looked her in the eyes and said, coldly "I do, I just.. Rather not get close with anyone."

Hayoung was taken aback by his sudden coldness. She never saw this side of him like this before, he usually pulled out a smile and joke around. Such a playful soul but where did it go at the moment?

"I'm sure you have your own reasons.. I'm sorry for disturbing you" Hayoung sent a sad smile, she was ready to leave the scene and Youngjo panicked.

"What? No, please don't.. I'm sorry. Can't you stay here, can we just enjoy each others company?" he pleaded.

Hayoung was confused. First, he said he rather not get attached with anyone and now he's asking her to stay with him. "It's okay.. I will stay here, let me grab my smartphone" before she exited the room, she saw Youngjo was hesitating a bit but he nodded.

Youngjo slid down and leaned against the mirror after seeing her walk out. He wanted to cry, it's been a long time.. Why did it came back? He was scared.

He immediately stood up after hearing the door behind him clicked, Hayoung grinned at him. He felt relieved and smiled.

"There's the beautiful smile" Hayoung said, happily. "I'm not going anywhere today so maybe we could enjoy each others company"

Youngjo's mood felt a lot better after hearing what she said.

.....

It's me,, the author who suddenly updated! Thanks for waiting and I hope you enjoy this chapter! Thanks for reading it and this book already hit 200 reads with 20 votes! Thank you all so much,, hope to see you in the next chapter! Have a good day and goodbye! 🌸💕