.fifteen.

Y/n was awoken in the middle of the night by familiar voices.

"You did the right thing by letting the Avatar's bison go fee." Iroh's soft voice whispered. The avatar's bison?

"I dont feel...right." Zuko whispered, then suddenly there was a loud thud. Y/n immediately sprang upright, her gaze adjusting to the light. Zuko had collaspsed onto the floor. Helping Iroh, the two of them placed Zuko in his sleeping pallet and covered his forehead with a cool rag. Y/n let his head rest on the plush of her thigh, her hands coming up to stroke short his hair.

"Are you sure he's okay?" She asked, worry laced in her voice.

"Absolutely." Iroh answered, heating up some tea for the both of them.

After a couple hours, zuko awoke with a start, sweat forming on his brow. Immediately y/n pressed a cup of water to his lips, watching drink feverishly until the cup was empty. He coughed and slowly sat up, y/n guiding him.

"What... what is going on with me?" He asked, voice raspy.

"You are experiencing a spiritual metamorphosis because letting go of that bison was so against your self image. Your transformation wont be pleasant, but you will emerge the beautiful prince you are meant to be." Iroh recited.

"Please lay down, you need to rest. Worrying wont do you any good." Y/n stated softly.

Y/n coughed and sputtered harshly, her little mattress shaking. She had been sick for a couple weeks now, it had gotten so bad to the point that no one would bother to visit her little broom closet bedroom.

Suddenly the door slid open, and Zuko slid in sheepishly.

Except Zuko.

"Are you okay?" he asked, placing a firelilly in a vase on the window seal.

"Go away, I dont want you to get sick." Y/n rasped, throwing the covers over her head.

"But I have to make sure youre okay." He said, moving to the edge of her bed.

"Im fine." Zuko ripped the covers off her head.

"No youre not."

"Zuko what if I never get better, then we wont get to play together anymore and I'll be stuck in this bed-"Zuko shut her up with a long 'shhhh'.

"Just rest and everything will be okay, worrying wont do you any good." little Zuko stated, placing his hand on her cheek.

"Just pretend mommy is here to sing you to sleep."

Zuko slowly laid back down on y/n's lap. Turning to the side, he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist, snuggling his face into her stomach. Y/n froze for a moment, not sure what to do, then slowly her hands came down to run themselves through his hair once again. Then softly, she began singing a calming tune.

"They come to see the fire burning, in your heart

They want to witness, this love, from the start

They hear you when you cry, this love is far and wide

When you smile, the stars align."

Slowly, Zuko's eyes drifted closed and his breathing slowed.

"Flower, of the universe, and child of mine."

_____________

"That smells amazing uncle." Zuko complimented, entering the kitchen of their shared apartment. Y/n looked up from her book to see Zuko sporting a soft smile.

"Its jook, Im sure you wont like it." Iroh replied, still stiring the pot on the stove.

"You never know, let me try it." He stated, sitting down at the table across from her. she peered at him from over her pages, and when she caught his gaze, he gave her a little grin.

"Well you seem happy today." Y/n stated.

"Today is a new day, and a particularly good one. Today uncle's tea shop will be opening, we have this new wonderful apartment, and things are starting to look up." He said happily. Y/n returned this smile.

"I like this Zuko." She said softly.

"Oh, by the way y/n, I've been meaning to ask you." Zuko began, turning her way.

"That day at the spa, you said you kept your promise, but I cant recall what you promised me." He said. Y/n placed her head in her hand, cocking it to the side playfully.

"Remember that night, on the roof, in the fire nation?" She asked.

"I love you Zuko, I love you so much. And I promise I'll still love you when I get back."

Zuko's face lit up on realization as he struggled to fight back a blush.

"You..." His brain was scrambled, but slowly he leaned over and pressed a quick kiss to her cheek. He smiled as her face turned a bright shade of red.

"Today really is a good day."

____________

The trio stood proudly at the entrance of Iroh's tea shop, The Jazmine Dragon, watching as customer began to fill the building. The sun was shining gleefully down on them, and for once, y/n felt at peace. Maybe this was the domesticated life she always wanted.

"I cannot belive that I have finally accomplished my goal of running my own shop." Iroh said breathlessly.

"Congratulations Uncle Iroh." Y/n smiled.

"Yes, we're really happy for you." Zuko added.

"Im elated to have you two with me during this joyus time." Iroh pulled the two into a hug that they returned greatfully. With a final smile, y/n spun on her heel, her pretty green kimono swaying, and followed Zuko into the shop to start business.

The day was absolutely marvolus, y/n received lots of greatful compliments as she served customers and did parlor cup tricks for little kids.

"Come again!" She stated to a customer who was leaving the establishment. While whiping their table, y/n noticed a Dai Li member at the door of the shop. Throwing the cleaning rag over her arm, began to greet the man.

"Hello, may I get you a table?"

"No, I'm just here to deliver a message. The Earth King would like for you to serve tea to him tomorrow morning, spread the word."