.four.

"And he was exhiled, never to return." Iroh stated. Y/n sighed and placed her cup of tea on the table the crew was sitting around.

"This is my fault." Y/n whispered.

"It isn't." Iroh replied.

"But it is, I left him when he needed me most." Y/n stood from her chair and said Goodnight to the crew and left the area. Instead of her quarters, y/n found herself on the deck of the boat. All around the vessel was water and nothing more. Y/n had always loved water, when she was younger she dreamed of being a skilled water bender.

Boosting herself a little, y/n swung up to the ledge of the sail holders and sat down. She looked up at the sky and the stars, basking in the moon light.

She spent years training in different regions and she hated every minute of it. Conditions for her were poor, but not because they had to be.

A tear slipped down her face as she leaned back against the support beam.

"Why are you up there?" A stern voice rang out. Y/n didn't reply.

"Y/n, I'm asking you a question!"

"Stop yelling at me." She said softly. Zuko's eyes widened. Was she crying? There was a long slip of silence, the only thing that could be heard was the sound of waves crashing against the ship.

"You didn't miss me at all did you?" Y/n asked when the silence became too much.

"What are you on about?"

"Well I missed you. I missed you a lot." Y/n mumbled.

"People change. I changed, you changed." Zuko said softly. Why was his heart hurting? Why did he hate it when she cried. Y/n laughed humorlessly and jumped down from her spot. She landed gracefully infront Zuko, her eyes meeting his.

"Change huh? I guess I'm the fool for thinking you would still care after so long." She mumbled to herself.

"You left me." Zuko stayed acusingly.

"Do you think I wanted to? I spent everyday on my own counting the days until I got back! Everynight before I went to bed, I prayed to the spirit of the moon, asking it to watch over you!" Rogue tears slipped down her face, making Zuko's heart melt.

"I'm sorry....I came here to help you, nothing more, prince Zuko. Just- just forget we had this conversation." Zuko watched her leave the deck with an empty feeling inside. Since when did she call him prince Zuko?

Y/n took her leave, stowing away in her own quarters under the deck. When she joined a crew a few days ago, she brought only what was necessary to her.

Y/n pulled a small box from under her bed, and sat crossed legged on the plush covers and opened it. Inside the metal box was every letter Iroh had ever sent her, down to the date.

She flipped through a couple until she found the very last one.

It read, "The world is changing. Zuko will change. But that's not a bad thing, he needs you to remind him of who he was. You're strong y/n, don't forever that. A cat whisperer doesn't seem mighty until they tame a lion. Remember that."

Y/n sighed and held the letter close to her chest.