𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ✧ :-゜・.

Začít od začátku

"Got a pod. Let's take cover," he ordered as the group made its way closer towards the fountain. Adeline grips her katana harder, preparing for a worse case scenario. If mutts were to appear, she'd be ready. And maybe this time, she wouldn't lose a katana. But she swore that if someone came out of the shadows and straight up knifed her, she would reign hell down on them.

Her shoulders were a very sensitive subject, Finnick had once lightly shoved her in the shoulder, and in response she rotated his arm behind his back, and put him in a death grip head lock, where he pleaded for her mercy. It was one  of her finest moments, or so she considered it. 

Boggs motioned for Katniss to walk over towards an opening in front of the buildings. "Shoot through those two buildings," he commanded, as Katniss began to load her bow. "Pollus, right here," Cressida motioned to her crewmen, who had his camera set up and ready to film.  "Castor. Good." Adeline watched Katniss turn to face the film crew, as they were setting up. "When you're ready Katniss." Katniss drew the quiver back, as she aimed her arrow. Just as she went to fire, Cressida stopped her. "Hold it. Pollux, tighter. Okay."

Katniss brought her bow back up, as she finally fired the arrow, which soared between the two buildings. Once it flew on through, it triggered the pod and bright orange flames came from between the buildings, scorching the air. Adeline shielded her eyes at the explosion of flames, as it slightly burned. Finnick wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her into him as the group scooted back a little, the heat of the fire reaching them.

Adeline looked to Katniss, as she smiled at her, to which the Girl on Fire returned. Katniss stepped down from the fountain and returned to her spot next to Gale. "All clear," Boggs stated, as the group began to move in.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

"Finnick Odair, I don't think I could have asked for a more romantic honeymoon!" Adeline joked with her husband, as the Star Squad sat around in an abandoned building for shelter. Finnick chuckled lightly, as he squeezed her hand. "What do you want to do, after all this?" he asked her, and her smile faltered slightly. 

Just like all those years ago, she felt slightly fake to give her husband a false hope they would both make it out of there. Adeline had promised herself that she would risk everything for Finnick, no questions asked. "I want to go home," Adeline responded, looking up to meet Finnick's warm gaze. He nodded, "District Five?" he asked, and Adeline shook her head slightly. 

"District Four?" he asked, and she shook her head again. "Wherever you are, is home enough for me," she said softly. Finnick smiled, as he kisses her forehead. They turned their heads to a sound in the distance, as a vehicle approached the building they were taking refuge in. 

"451 to base," Jackson said into her radio. "We've got a truck coming from the south. Over. Copy that. Over." Jackson puts radio away and calls out to the rest of the squad as they start to walk out of the building. "Stand down, everyone. It's friendly."

Adeline watches closely as Phillip walks up to stand next to her. They both watch as officers walk to the back of the truck, opening the door. The figure steps out, and Adeline's eyes dart to Katniss, who already has her bow out, arrow in hand as she readied to attack. Adeline raises her hand slightly, trying to get her to calm down.

"Peeta, hey." Adeline speaks out, as she looks to the blonde Victor, who looks tired and confused. Peeta just continued to walk towards the group, muttering to himself. Katniss raised her bow as he took another step, and Adeline's eyes went wide. 

"Jackson, cuff him," Boggs ordered, as Jackson walks towards Peeta, pulling out the handcuffs. "Soldier, this is just a precaution  till we can get everything straightened out. Yeah?" 

Peeta just nods his head slightly, taking a pause from his muttering, before beginning to speak to himself again. "My name's Peeta Mellark. From District Twelve," Adeline can make out from his mumbling.

When Jackson finished cuffing him, Adeline walked over to him, a small smile on her face. "Hey, Peeta," she said softly, as if she was talking to a small child. "Hi, Adeline," Peeta responded back, his voice also soft, and slightly worried. "How about you come with me, and we'll go sit by Finnick," she spoke, and Peeta nodded, as the two began to walk into the shelter. 

"They want us to ad him to the propo. Show that he's on our side now," Boggs explained to the group. "We'll move forward a few blocks tomorrow and shoot the new footage. Gale shakes his head, quick to agree with Peeta's role in the group. 

"He's not in control of himself," he insists, trying to get some friction from the others in the group.

"I say we schedule an around-the-clock watch on him," Jackson speaks out, and Adeline's brow furrowed slightly, not knowing how Peeta would react to those he didn't know to well. "The Leegs till 1700, Homes and Mitchell till 1900."

"Give me a watch," Katniss said. "And if it really came down to it, you think you could shoot him?" Jackson questioned Katniss, who had a blank look in her eyes. "I wouldn't' be shooting Peeta. I'd be killing a Capitol mutt," Katniss replied.

Adeline turned back to Peeta, as she smiled down at him from his position on the ground. "I don't wanna be here," Peeta told her softly, and she nodded her head. "I know," was all she replied, as Finnick came to sit next to her. 

all sparks die out sooner or later.

some just fade faster than others.

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐

𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬:

└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘

we are getting close to some t h i n ice. i also have a surprise coming up so that will be kinda fun :). don't worry, they're good surprises. 

i know whats coming up and im still slightly oof about it. we'll see what i can do. 

all i know is that if they're gonna end in a blaze, they gonna go hard.

thanks for 6.5k reads! also im gonna start updating on mondays :) EST. 

please vote, comment, share, and follow !

thanks for reading babes!

-lunalovegoodstab