XXVIII. Glow

[This is a crappy edit coz I accidentally deleted the first one I made so I had to make this quick.]
***

"Mark are you listening?" Gun asked with wide questioning eyes. He looked up at him from where he was lying on the couch with his head on Mark's lap.

"Yeah, yeah, of course," Mark replied abruptly before running his fingers through the older boy's hair.

"So, are you helping me?" Gun asked once again.

Mark thought about it for a while. He was still unsure if it was a good idea to let Gun drop out of college and get a job but he can't be too overprotective of him either. Gun was right, he can't just return to school because he had missed one too many classes. He also needs to buy foods and he has bills to pay. His father has left and he had never seen him since they buried his mom. But Mark can't still help but to get worried.

"Do you really want to? I mean, I'm always here to help you. I dont want you to force yourself babe, please take your time" Mark replied which earned a shy smile from the boy.

"Im okay now. You've already helped me a lot and I need to help myself too. It will be fine," Gun reassured, his eyes gleaming with hope.

"Ok ok. You really think I can say no to you?" Mark said, smiling fondly at his boyfriend as he shook his head in defeat.

Suddenly, a couple of knocks were heard and a voice of a lady was heard calling from the outside. Gun stood up to see who it was and Mark followed him as well.

A woman was standing just outside the door, she had already invited herself inside the property.

"Um, yes? How may I help you?" Gun asked as soon as he saw her. She was in her early forties, short hair, and with full on make up. She looked intimidating carrying her designer bag with her right hand and a cigarette smoke on the other.

"Why are you still here?" the woman asked raising her left eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" Gun asked confused at the situation. He took a step back as soon as the woman puffs her cigarette.

The woman did not answer. Instead, she throws away her cigarette and took a paper from her bulky handbag before pushing it to Gun and making her way inside. Gun took his time reading it.

"What are you doing?" Mark asked as he stood right in front of the woman, not allowing her to enter.

"Boys," she shouted so loud like she was having a tantrum and soon emerges from the gate were two tall and buff men, all wearing black suit and sunglasses. The men walked towards the three of them but Mark didn't budge at all.

"What the fuck do you want?" Mark asked aggressively. He was actually so irritated by the snob woman the instant she puffs the smoke of her cigarette right in front of Gun, but he tried to restrain himself.

"Move," the woman ordered.

Gun stood beside Mark, he was just done reading the letter. He tapped Mark's shoulder to remind him to calm down before asking the woman. "Whats the meaning of this? I dont understand."

"Exactly as it's said in the papers," she rudely replied.

"But why? Why would my father do this?" Gun replied. His voice was a mixture of hurt and confusion.

Mark was still clueless about the situation at hand but whatever it is, he was ready to defend Gun like it was now an instinct, like a natural reaction whenever someone poses as a threat to his lover. Call him possessive or whatever you want but Mark has had enough of people hurting his angel, but not this time around, not now that Gun has actually trusted his heart to him, and certainly not ever again.