three

SONG JIYUN

I groaned, rolling off the bed.

"Auch." I said, pulling myself up.

I heard Chan giggling from the door way. I turned around and glared at him.

"Good morning Yun."

"Fuck you." I said, throwing a slipper at his head.

"Come on, I made breakfast and we need to leave in 30 minutes." Chan said, grabbing the slipper off the floor and throwing back to me, before walking away.

I slowly got up, putting my slippers on and walking out of my room. A plate of toast and a glass of milk was set on the table and Chan was leaning against the fridge, drinking a cup of coffee.

"Can you pass me the vegemite and jam?" I asked, already buttering one slice of bread.

Chan nodded, pulling vegemite and blackberry jam out of the fridge.

"Does anyone in the groupchat go to my new school?" I asked as I prepped my toast, one with vegemite + butter, and the other with jam on it.

"All of the 00' and 01' liners do." Chan said.

"Well that'll make it easier." I said. I moved a strand of hair out of my face, frowning as I chewed my toast.

"You thinking about dying your hair back to black?" Chan asked.

I nodded before finishing my food.

"Your uniform is on the couch, and hurry we've got 15 minutes." Chan said.

I grabbed the dry clean bag from the couch, before darting into my room and changing quickly. It wasn't too bad, a tan skirt, white button up and tan vest. I pulled on a pair of socks and sneakers before darting into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"7 minutes Jiyun!" Chan called. I finished applying my mascara before grabbing my lunch from the kitchen and shoving it into my bag.

I grabbed my phone and keys and walked into the entryway.

"Great, 5 minutes to go." Chan said as we walked out, heading towards his car.

"Can we get coffee then?" I asked as I sat down in.

Chan shrugged as we pulled out of the parking garage.

"Sure why not. Your usual?" Chan said, as he headed in the direction of the nearby starbucks.

A peaceful silence fell between the two of us, and the small hum of the radio filled the car.

"Are you ready for school?" Chan asked as we waited in the drive thru.

"Ready as I can be. Besides, it's better for the both of us if I'm in Korea." I said, giving my cousin a warm look.

Chan smiled at me, before pulling up and ordering us drinks.

I got to school about 15 minutes later. I hoped out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride Chan." I said as he pulled away.

I took a deep breath before making my way into the building. I took a sip of my coffee, finding my way to the office.

"Hi dear, what can I do for you?"

"Um, I'm Song Jiyun. I'm a new student here." I said, doing everything in my power not to stutter.