Hajimeni: New House

Start from the beginning

We unbuckled and step foot out but not one minute and I'm greeted with a sour candy 5 year old kid looking directly at me as he held his baseball glove. Last thing I saw was a blue bird on the dead tree then a loud, "Hey, look out!"

..........

Everything turned black for a while as I heard a heavy thud hit the ground.

'Oh, wait. That's me hitting the ground, what the fuck?'

Then, I heard Dad and another alien voice calling out to me. "Son? Kid? Hey, kid, wake up" Dad kept trying to tug on me but I groaned, I didn't want to wake up actually. Dad kept calling out to me as if I was actually dead.

'Excellent!'

"I am so sorry sir, I really didn't see your ...uh... colleague getting out of the car just now. We didn't expe-"

'Wow, never been called that before.'

"Colleague?! He's my son! You threw a baseball at my SON! Do you have any idea how much damage you could've done to someone if you threw a freakin' baseball at someone's head? MAJOR DAMAGE OK!" and I know Dad was giving this guy an even harder time by showing his scowl, like mannn can Dad make a scowl at someone when he's angry.

"Robert, the hell you doin' over there boy?" and then small heavy steps were coming closer to the three of us.

'Well, show's over I guess.'

I opened my eyes slowly getting them adjusted to the afternoon sun. I groaned a little, then Dad and a guy with braces and an army haircut looked to my direction on the ground. "Damie, you ok?" Dad asked as he and the other guy helped me on my feet. My head felt dizzy as Dad helped dust off any dirt stuck to my tee while I straighten it.

A hand landed on my right arm and I turned to a worried scrawny boy, probably about 13 to 15 years old.

"Are you ok sir? I am so sorry about hitting your head with a baseball just now. I really didn't mean to, I just didn't see you coming out of the car because my brother's Je-"

"Woah woah woah woah woahhh, hold on kid. Sir? How old you think I am? 89? This is the real man who you should be calling sir, he's like old old" as I pointed to Dad. Dad just rolled his eyes at me because I keep telling everyone exactly that, the reference was getting old.

'Hehe'

I gave the kid a small smile and he returned the gesture too. He still look worried about me but a little less I guess. "I'm fine kid, really. If you threw a lil harder, you might've-"

"-got him in the hospital. You ougtta know where ya aimin' Robert, if not we could all get into trouble." A big man with an old jumper and mud covered crocs finished my sentence as he finally came closer to the three of us.

"Is this your son sir?" Dad demanded while eyeing the poor frantic boy in front of us. Dad held onto my shoulder, defending me as always.

"Dad, come on. I'm ok, a little dizzy, yeah, but no damage done. I haven't lost my memory or blood or any of my five sense, so it's all good." I looked at Dad as I gave him the look of 'you're going overboard again'. Dad was Dad and still looked at them with stern and demand.

The big man and his sons stood on either of his sides. He inspected us closely but eyeing me more than Dad.

'Typical neighbours.'

"Yeah, these my sons. Robert and baby Jamie here. I also got my boy Zack but he's busying playing videos games right now."

Both dads were on a stare down that felt like forever until the wife came out.