032: in your legacy

thirty two

thirty two . . . in your legacy
( may 1, 2281 — sanctum )

          SHE SHORTLY REALIZED that crying over the events that had just occurred was not worth her time, nor the sickness that now riddled her body

          SHE SHORTLY REALIZED that crying over the events that had just occurred was not worth her time, nor the sickness that now riddled her body. Cullen hadn't cried this hard since the night Gracie left with Clarke for a safer residence in Shallow Valley — the thought of the place brought up the sickness once again, but Cullen shoved it down. She shoved down the thought of Sloan and Echo together, forgetting her existence and what she was doing to get to the man she loved, until it was merely a fragment in her mind; for how heavily it lay in her heart, Cullen knew it'd take time to rid herself of that pain.

With more important things to do, like find Bellamy and Clarke and figure out what they were going to do about the Primes, Cullen steadied her breathing and took off to venture around Sanctum. She was careful in keeping an eye out for Sloan, who she feared would spark her sickness again, or Echo, who she'd demand to know the feelings of concerning the man who had wronged her, but she spotted neither of them. She hadn't found Bellamy or Clarke, either, which led her entering into the machine shop.

Cullen hadn't been given a tour of Sanctum like some of their people had, so as she stepped into the room she allowed her eyes to wander, taking in the tools that lined the benches and allowing the nostalgic feeling of working with Sinclair at Arkadia to press heavily against her chest. In the midst of it all stood Raven, Emori, and a man she assumed was Ryker.

He was devilishly handsome and stood in the clothes of a working man, but his stance alone had the hairs on her arms pricking with wariness. At the sound of her entrance, Ryker turned to drag his eyes from her boots up to her withering stare, her eyelids slit in a manner that made him look away cautiously.

She paid him no more attention, eyes quickly snapping to Raven. "Everything ok?"

"Everything's fine." Raven answered through a hardened jaw, seizing the blueprints that were spread out across the work bench and turning her back on Ryker. "You go and rest, Emori. I need to get this done as fast as I can so we can get the hell out of here."