chapter 4

Christina showed me the way to her car which was parked in a parking hotel. She pulled out her keys and I followed her like a lost puppy to the car. When she showed me her car it was a bright blue van. It fit all her family in the car and with me, we would all be squished. Great, I would be squished with a ton of boys. Hopefully she didn't go on too many family car rides. Maybe they had more cars? Hopefully.

Christina popped open the trunk and I put my bags back there with my box of treasured moments. She closed the trunk and I made my way to the passenger side of the car while Christina took the driver's side. We both sat down and she turned the car on. She turned on some music which was comforting because of the silence. She pulled out of the parking lot and paid for her time on the way out.

She only lived 20 minutes from the airport so it wouldn't take long to get to her house. I would spend this time humming along to Taylor Swift's Shake it off and making small talk with Christina.

"So you like Taylor Swift?" Christina asked me.

"Yeah she's pretty good; I just listen to whatever's on the radio."

"Mmmhmm that's pretty cool."

Christina's phone went off and it was her husband calling. She put it on through the car so she didn't have to hold her phone. I could hear everything.

"Hey honey, when are you going to be home?"

He sounded like he was being toppled on, and then I remember they had two seven year olds.

"Boys go outside! I am speaking with your mother," He shouted at them thinking we couldn't hear him.

"Is everything alright?" Christina asked him.

"Yes, they're just being troublemakers."

"Okay well, we are about halfway there, I'd say 10 minutes left?"

"Okay well I'll see you soon, love you.

"Love you too," And then he hung up.

"Well that was my husband; I'm sure all the boys are home. I hope they're not causing too much trouble."

I chuckled a bit.

"But don't worry, they're not all that bad, they can be gentlemen when they want to be," she stated.

"Well that's good to hear."

We pulled up Christina's driveway and she had this huge house. Or at least it was bigger than mine. She needs a big house for her big family though.

We got out of the car and we took my stuff out of the trunk. I carried everything because it wasn't much. We walked down the sidewalk together following up to her house.

The house was a cream color and it had bricks outlining the window. She didn't have many neighbors so she had all this free space of grass. It looked like there was a river somewhere behind the house.

She walked me into the house and the ceiling was so high-up up. There was a double staircase when you walked in. one to the left and one to the right. They were beautiful white tiled sparkling stairs. The tiles on the floor were a white patterned design. I gazed at them almost seeing my reflection. She walked me to the living room and she had a big flat screen and nice magenta couches.

Right next door as the kitchen and it had its tabletop in the middle of it all. Her cooking supplies were all hanging or in a cabinet and it was all organized. She had a work room and a computer room. She even had a theatre. A big one too. I didn't know she was this rich.

We were looking through the theatre room when one of her sons walked in.

"Alex, this is Madison. The girl that's going to be living with us from now on," said Mrs. Brooks.