Once the door shut behind me and the cuffs were off, I took in my surroundings. A whole lot of nothing to be completely honest. The fluorescent lights were on, as usual, already messing up my internal clock. I shook my head. It was a damn good day up until about twenty minuets ago.

I flopped down on the bunk and pulled the blanked over my head in an attempt to block out as much light as possible and sleep for at least a few hours. A shake down doesn't mean much, I don't have anything I shouldn't have and nor does Perrie. At least I don't think she does. That being said, we should be back in the regular pod sometime tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright Thirlwall, cuff up, you're going back in general population," A loud voice boomed, startling me awake. I scrambled up, pulling the blanket that was issued to me last night onto my shoulders, and stuck my hands through the meal slot. The cool metal snapped around my wrists. I was quickly escorted back to the pod, but rather than joining everyone for breakfast, I was guided straight back to our room.

"Pack up your stuff Thirlwall,"

"What?"

"Pack up your stuff, it's moving day,"

"Why am I being moved, there was nothing in here that's contraband," I said, trying to get him to let me stay here with Perrie even through I knew it was a lost cause, this guy is just doing what he is told.

"You've been in the same room the whole time you've been here, now pack it up so you can move,"

I let out a massive groan and punched the nearest thing to me to release a bit of frustration. Unfortunately, I had both overlooked the fact that I throw a relatively strong punch and that the closest thing to me happened to be a concrete wall.

"FUCK!" I yelled, instantly grasping my wrist as white hot pain shot up through my arm and I crumbled to the ground, cradling my wrist to me.

"Thirlwall get your stuff, I don't care about your stupid temper tantrum, now come on!" Tears welled in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. I glanced down at my hand, mentally noting that my knuckle probably isn't supposed to be that far up on my hand.

"I think I broke my hand," I moaned out, still on the ground. The CO cursed under his breath and opened the door to my room.

"Let me see," I brought my hand out slightly to show him, and I could visibly see his face whiten a bit. He cursed under his breath again and pulled me up by my elbow, "Come on, lets get you to medical,"

I walked out with my head down, not wanting anyone else to see the tears threatening to spill.

~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours and no tears (that's a lie) later, my hand was put back in relatively the same place complete with an arm sling and a splint. Basically, I'm not allowed to use my right hand for the next three weeks, which includes handcuffs. So I'm stuck wearing a belly chain on my left wrist whenever it's needed. On the positive side however, I get more shower time and I'll be handicapped for school since I write with the hand that is currently broken.

When I got back to my room, I instantly noticed something was wrong.

All of Perrie's stuff was gone.

Her bunk was empty, her pictures were taken off the wall where her desk is, and most importantly, Perrie wasn't anywhere in sight.

By the time my brain registered all of this information, the door was shut behind me, not allowing me to ask where she was.

I sighed, flopping on my bunk. I have to wait another hour before we have group therapy to see where Perrie ended up. And even then, there's no guarantee we would actually get to talk for another hour after that during lunch.

I forgot how silent and empty everything was. Without Perrie, everything felt so... empty. I mean yeah, physically she took up half the space in the room but she made it feel complete. Not that I would ever admit that to her.

My hand was throbbing. After the bone was pushed back in place, all I really got was an Advil, which didn't do all that much. It still hurt like a bitch.

~~~~~~~~~~

By the time lunch rolled around, I was equally anxious and in physical pain from my wrist that I was generally in a bad mood.

I grabbed my food try and sat in our normal seats, waiting for Perrie. I was midway through a bite of my sandwich when blonde hair appeared in front of me. She gave me a small smile before she sat down.

"Hey," she said.

"They forced you to move instead of me, right?" I asked. She nodded.

"When I came back they just said to grab everything and moved me to 207," She gestured to the cell directly above mine.

"Are you by yourself?" I asked, really not knowing. Our room- er - my room is on the first floor so whenever we stand outside for count, I can never see who is in what room above me. She waved me off, starting to eat.

"Irrelevant, what did you do to your hand?" She said.

"I punched a wall, and don't think I didn't notice you changing the subject," She smiled a bit and continued eating.

"Are you doing okay now? Did you break your hand?"

"Yeah it's broken but it's nothing I can't deal with, now who's your room with you?" Perrie continued eating, avoiding my gaze, "Blondie," I warned, "What are you keeping from me?"

"I moved in with Rachel," she muttered, still avoiding eye contact.

"Rachel? You mean the girl I got into a fight with a couple months ago?" Perrie nodded, "Damnit, out of everyone here, you get moved to be with her," Perrie shrugged and continued eating.

Rachel hasn't been all that much of a problem since our fight but she made it abundantly clear that she strongly dislikes both Perrie and I. The CO's must be deaf or something because it doesn't seem smart to put people who dislike each other in the same room, especially if I was supposed to go up there before I turned the concrete wall into a punching bag.

"If you have any problems with her, tell me alright? I'll deal with her," Perrie gave me a sideways look.

"No offense Jade, but your hand is broken, what exactly are you going to do?," she asked, "Also, I don't want you getting in any trouble, you're meeting with the Parole board soon, remember?" I nodded slowly. We finished the rest of our meal in a tense silence.

~~~~~~~~~~

That night I couldn't sleep. I've grown accustomed to Perrie at least being within the vicinity of me at most times of the day. I didn't realize it at the time, but Perrie's mere presence was calming. Again, not that I would ever admit that to her.

After hours of laying awake alone, I finally drifted off to sleep with images of blonde hair and blue eyes swimming in my thoughts. 

AN: sorry this took a while, there's so many things going on in the world right now that it's hurting my brain and lowkey my mental health but it'll be fine. 

also the girls recoding in a studio the other day made me so so so happy cause that most likely means new music/album stuff is in production again which is great.

stay safe everyone!