5

tw:  mentions of self harm and drug usage

Kairi was at home, smiling to himself, he couldn't believe what happened last night. He felt like passing out every time he thought of Mattia's lips on his. He tried to distract himself with schoolwork but he could barely get through the first question, he would zone out every few seconds. 

His phone lit up, he felt his heart race when he saw the notification, it was something to do with Mattia. Maybe he's just checking up on me..

Kairi was wrong.

He turned on his phone and saw it was an instagram notification that Mattia had just posted something. He opened it, and saw Mattia with some girl, named Cynthia.  They were making out. He cringed and frowned, feeling his heart drop.  The small boy sighed and turned off his phone, powering it off. Not really thinking or considering that maybe Mattia cared to check up on him, he was probably with his new girlfriend anyways.

Kairi began to drift off to sleep, trying to think about anything and everything other than Mattia. 

Meanwhile, Mattia was trying to get ahold of the wasian. 

Matti: hey?

             helloo??

             are u okay..

             Kairi!

             answer me, pls

sent at 3:47pm 

Mattia couldn't help but be a little worried for Kairi. Kairi had a past of self-harm and Mattia didn't want him to get in that cycle again. Mattia used drugs back in middle, self harm was Kairi's drug, and it took him awhile for him to be clean.

The taller wanted to keep Kairi safe at all times, like a personal bodyguard. They both took care  of each other, and loved each other. But in a best-friend type of way, nothing more.

It wasn't until 8pm, Kairi had woken up. He sat up, still half-asleep. He turned on his phone, seeing the notifications of 8 missed calls and 14 messages from Mattia. He sighed, reading them.

Matti: hey?

helloo??

are u okay..

Kairi!

answer me, pls 

-3:47pm 

kai

kairiiii

hellooooo

-5:32pm

answer my texts please.

?

-7:23pm

??

????

Kairi.

Are you okay??
-7:54pm

Kairi felt a sudden wave of guilt wash over him. He remembered the last time he didn't answer Mattia's calls or texts, he was found on the floor of the bathroom by Mattia, crying and arms covered in blood. 

He typed a reply back. 

Kaikai: sorry, i fell asleep...

Matti: oh.

Kaikai: wanna call

Matti: i'm busy rn

Kaikai: oh

Matti: yeah.

Mattia was with his new girlfriend, Cynthia. They were taking a few pictures, laughing. Taking pictures went to making out, they were interrupted by his phone ringing. He sighed and reluctantly pulled away. It was his dad, telling him to come home, nothing important, just to come home already. It was past his curfew anyway.  

He got home, partly upset that his dad had been a cockblocker.

Mattia called Kairi, bored asf. Kai answered. "Kairi?" "yeah" he responded in a dull tone. "im bored" "ogey?" "and, i want to talk to you" "about??" "i have a girlfriend now, which means, i'm gonna be pretty busy with her.." "oh." "that's all?" "did you want me to react?" "i was expecting you to say you were happy for me or something.." kairi rolled his eyes, saying "Im happy for you, congrats dude" in a fake happy tone "thanks, anyways, how are you?" Mattia spoke softly. "tired" "me too, i spent the whole day with her!" Mattia continued to go on and on about Cynthia and how she made him happy, how pretty she was, and how smart she is. Kairi was on the verge of passing out, Mattia talking making him more tired than he was. 

"Mattia? i think im gonna go back to sleep, i'll see you tomorrow.." he said, rubbing his eyes.

"oh, about that...i'm gonna go out with Cynthia to the movies..."

"oh okay, have fun then." kairi hung up. He felt a bit of jealousy, that bitch was taking his best friend from him. He sighed and closing his eyes, falling asleep.