Ninth Cup

Teacups and Teapots:

Chapter 9:

Funtom had been restocked with tea several days ago and Ciel was content, but not happy. Sebastian had not let go of his hand even when they had returned to the teashop meaning that everyone had seen them holding hands. His aunt had even heard about their "date" and had texted to him to check if the rumours were true.

Sebastian's attitude towards him had also changed. He seemed to have taken Ciel's permission to hold hands as permission to touch him anytime. It was sometimes a pat on the head, a stroke to the cheek. It happened so frequently that Ciel could not be bothered to complain or protest anymore. In fact he had become quite accustomed to it. He would definitely react if Sebastian took it any further though.

He took a sip of Salted Caramel tea and caught sight of Sebastian approaching him.

"Would you like anymore cake, young master?"

"That's the fifth time you have offered me cake in the past hour. I still haven't finished my last slice," Ciel pointed out. "If you are trying to fatten me up, you aren't going about it in the right way."

"Sorry, I will alternate it with fruit next time," Sebastian said. "That said, would you like anymore cake?"

"No!"

Ciel wondered why Sebastian was going to such lengths to get him to eat cake. Bardroy who was walking past with a heavily laden tea tray provided the answer.

"He isn't trying to make you gain weight, he is acting under orders."

"Whose orders? I'm your boss."

Sebastian produced a folded up sheet of red paper from his pocket and laid it on the table in front of him. Ciel guessed who the sender was immediately; only his aunt would use notepaper that colour. The note read:

Sell all of the cake and send Ciel and Sebastian on a date to replace stock.

Upon reading that note Ciel let out a groan. Clearly setting up the teashop, spiking his drink and creating a false love triangle wasn't enough excitement for her. She seemed to want them to date for real. He opened his mouth to complain and realised that he couldn't be bothered. It wouldn't do anything.

"Let me know when you have sold all the cake," he said simply.

Sebastian looked surprised that he wasn't putting up a fight and nodded before walking away.

Ciel pouted. He liked cake, that was all. He wasn't going to refuse an opportunity to buy cake. He found a bakery that he wanted to visit and hadn't had any free time to go and now he had the perfect pretext. It didn't matter if Sebastian came along or not.

Sebastian returned an hour later to say that there was only one slice of Red Velvet cake left and they needed to leave soon. Ciel's plan hit an unexpected snag when he gave Sebastian the address of the bakery.

"That is quite far from here. We will either have to hold hands for a very long time or take the tube."

Ciel knew there was no way he was going to take the tube and he frowned. Sebastian seemed to sense his thoughts.

"We could always go to the cafe down the road to sample their cake and call it market research."

***

The cafe Sebastian led Ciel to was a five minute walk down the street and Sebastian insisted that they should hold hands the entire way just to be safe. Ciel didn't put up a fight as it was easier to agree. He pulled out a notebook to take notes as soon as they entered the cafe.