よん

❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥; ❞

❝  𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥;  ❞

花吐き
♥︎ ━━━━━━━━ ♡

Atsumu's state was worsening and it started to become more noticeable to people around him. If anyone asked him if he was feeling okay, he'd bluff and say he's fine or that he hasn't been sleeping well. Never telling the truth to anyone. He was suffering from Hanahaki by himself.
It wasn't just his state that had changed, everything about him had changed. He hardly spoke, he had become noticeably smaller and exhausted. His academic and volleyball careers were destroyed by the flowers. He grew distant to everyone, not wanting to reveal the flowers that were spilling from his mouth and lungs.

"Hey, 'Tsumu,"
"What's up, 'Samu?"
"You look like shit,"
"Wow..." Atsumu's voice was raspy and getting harder to understand, but still clearly sarcastic.
"You're clearly not okay,"
"I am. I'm fine,"
"Dumbass, just tell me," Osamu turned fully to look at his brother, an unamused look on his face. Atsumu coughed into his hand as if on cue. It was positively the worst time for him to cough. He trapped the petals in his closed hand, praying that Osamu didn't see it. "Why didn't you tell me?"
He saw them. His brother grabbed his closed hand, prying it open. Revealing the dark crimson petals in Atsumu's hand. Atsumu felt ashamed and embarrassed that his brother had found out what was happening to him.
"I didn't want to..."
"For who? [y/n]?" Osamu began to interrogate him, throwing question after question at him, "When did this start? How bad is it? Is that why you quit?" And many more spilled from his lips.
"Oh my god, stop with the questions, okay? Yes, I like [n/n] and now I'm coughing up flowers. I'm fine." Atsumu turned away from his brother, earning him a swift kick to the butt.
"Dumbass! You absolute Dumbass! Of course you're not fine!" Osamu raised his voice, he was angry at how unconcerned his brother was acting, "That's fatal and you're just gonna sit there and say you're fine? That isn't something you just shrug off!!"
Atsumu slapped a hand over his mouth as more coughs erupted from him. His brother's expression changed instantly. Atsumu's other hand fell to his knee as he coughed, tears pricked in his eyes. Most of an entire flower fell into his open hand. Blood was pooling around it. He used his jacket sleeve to wipe the spots of blood from his lips, tossing the flower into the grassy space next to the two of them. Osamu was unnerved by his brother being seemingly unfazed at the fact that he coughed up an entire flower and a significant amount of blood.