My Perfect Destiny - Chapter 1

***

Life is full of ups and downs. It's like a storm. However, after the rain, there is always sunshine. And sometimes if you're lucky, you'll have the chance to see a rainbow.

I was born when my parents were only teenagers, but my life growing up was completely normal. My mom was just seventeen when she got pregnant with me, and my dad was eighteen. She had plans of leaving the country until her pregnancy test came back positive so I guess you can say she had to put her dreams on hold in order to keep me. My dad was my uncles best friend at the time so that obviously caused some chaos, but other than that everything was perfect. My father never left my mother's side and he stood by her throughout her entire pregnancy with me. After I came into the world I was simply everything to them, and unlike most babies born from young parents, I had everything I could ever dream of. But most of all. . . I had the most amazing parents in the world.

I also met an amazing boy along the way. Damon Blazington. We met when we were only about two months old, and we spent our childhoods growing up together. His mom was a teenager too when he was conceived, except his dad didn't stick around, so his parents weren't together like mine. We were just innocent little babies in diapers when our friendship started, and now he's eighteen years old and I will be in just a few months, and we're in our senior year of high school.

We have done everything together ever since we were little kids, so this isn't like a normal friendship where you only know the person for a few years. Him and I met when we were so young that we don't even have any memory of anything, whatsoever. When we were just four years old I gave him his first kiss, and my first as well, quite obviously. According to my parents, Damon and I would act just like we were a real couple, holding hands, playing together every second of every day, sometimes arguing about who gets to use which toy, and so on.

All that little kid stuff. And then we grew older and started elementary school together, never leaving each other's side. We were scared to death to be apart and it's still the same way to this very day, well for me at least. Middle school was the hardest, mostly because Damon became so popular and I just wasn't. I went through an awkward stage where I stayed on mute and didn't talk to anyone else but him, so people thought I was weird. But I didn't mind, as long as my best friend, and my other half, was right by my side. And thankfully he was.

When freshman year in high school started, everything became a lot better for me. I tried out for the cheering team and got in, and made tons of friends, the sweetest girls ever. Of course Damon was immediately Mr. Popular the very first second we started at this school, mostly because of his charming and sexy good looks, but now it's safe to say we're both pretty much on the same page. He's in the crowd of well known guys while I'm with the well known girls.

He plays on the football team, and I jump around on the field to cheer for him. His reputation is the bad boy, the ladies man, and the player. He's never been in a relationship before and he's not the kind of boy to fall in love, but he has the biggest heart. He is by far the sweetest and most caring person ever, and he's my other half. Everyone in our school who aren't our friends envy the friendship we have, mostly the girls because Damon and I are together practically every waking moment. Now we're finally in our last year before we graduate, and nothing has ever scared me more than this in my whole life.

You know why? Because Damon has no idea what he wants to do with his life. What if he wants to move far away? We live two streets down from each other so it's just about a five minute walk to his house, but what if he doesn't plan on staying here? What if my best friend leaves?