Chapter 16- coming out

Wayne look at Meredith that looked around scared. She take a step into the sun giving a scare. She step back to the shadows and give a sighed.
"Well, we're screwed," she giggles. He give her a smile and take off his jacket. He put it on for her that appears to be too big for her. He grab her around the body and run away like vampires would.

Meredith burst through her old home and take a smell in off the old wood and dust. She gave a scare when an old lady made an appearance.
"You woke her," she smile.
"Jasmine?" Meredith give her a big hug.
"What brings you here?" Jasmine asked and look at her.
"My daughter isn't well. I had to do the right thing," she say and look around. "I need those necklaces, please."
Jasmine nod and walk after her.
With one around her neck, she walk with Wayne down the old familiar woods to the river stream. She look around then at him that gave her an odd look.
"You're strange," he whisper.
"I'm more together," she reply and turn around walking away. This is her walking away from the past.

Meredith give her daughter a smile that woke up. She sit up straight terrified. She give her a glass of blood in.
"Usually it works the other way around to turn. My blood is kind of cursed so I don't really know how to explain this to you," Meredith said.
"Momma, did you really feel so alone that you had to do what you did?" She ask the questions she never got to ask.
"Honestly, I don't know. I just...I hated my life, but not the people in it," she reply and stood up. "Now drink. There's something I need to do."
She walk out and close the door. She turn around and look directly into Merida.
"Your mother will be alright," she say and walk pass her down the steps. She go to the front door and look behind her at the house.
"Where are you going?" Wayne asked her when she walked out. She look terrified at him.
"Wayne, I need to go," she whisper softly and turn to him. "We had a great run, but as long as I'm here, the family is in danger."
He give her an odd look and fold his arm.
"Why leave then?" He ask.
"Wayne, I can't do this now," she whisper.
"I need you to stay," he say and grab her shoulders. "Meredith, we need you just as much as you need the safety. I'll protect you. I was a hunter once, remember?"
"It's not that simpel, Wayne."
"It's not that simple? So you leave me and the children puzzled just because you were selfish and insecure. You're not going to leave us again, Meredith!"
"Why? Do I really need your approval for every bloody choice I make?" She asked getting angry at him. "I'm the reason you are so powerful, Wayne. I turned you."
"Just in case you forgot, Meredith. You're out of exercise. You were dead for 70 years!"
"No Wayne, I died over a 100 years ago."
He glare at her for a split second and look away then back at her.
"Just because you're a vampire doesn't mean you're dead," he react in a calm way. She gave a sarcastic laugh.
"You don't get it, do you? Wayne, when you're a vampire, you are dead."
"Then...why do I still love you?" He ask her straightforward. She give him an odd look that stood back. "You know, each damn time you end up leaving me. I'm getting tired of it, okay? I don't need you for a day, a week, a month or a year! I need you forever!"
She look terrified at him. He give her a smile and touch her long soft hair. She look down then back at him.
"Can a lifetime do?" She ask raising an eyebrow.
"That's too short," he reply giving her a little smile.
"Honey, not ours," she giggle and go back in the house.
He just laugh and follow her. He look around outside and close the door immediately.