Chapter 13-time

Wayne and Victor pick Meredith's body up and put it in a box with hay in. They put the cover on it and just stay still for a while.
"Who would've done this?" Merinda asked.
"That, we do not know," Victor reply and stood up giving her a hug. It's more than a brotherand sister thing now. It's no shame since they're not biologically attached to each other.
"She was tired," Wayne say and touch the box. "Last when I saw her, I confronted her about my girlfriends. She was sarcastic in the beginning and then she said that she is done."
Merinda look at Victor then at Wayne.
"Can't we bring her back to life and tell her we're sorry? We can hold her, talk to her and..."
"No, Merinda. You can't bring someone back to life," Wayne said and stood up. He take a deep breath in and let it out again.
"She must've felt so alone. How alone did she really feel to have done this?" Victor ask himself. He look at Merinda that burried her face in his chest.

The days turned into weeks, weeks into months and months into years. Seasons changed, yet nothing changed with Meredith. Wayne just woke up oneday with the box gone and a letter from Jasmine saying they're going to put her body in a saver place.
Life somehow also had to go on.

*2019*

Wayne is starring at the clock on the wall playing with the necklace around his neck. He take it off and put his hand in the sunlight. It immediately starts to burn. He take it back and look at how it heals. He put the necklace on again and stood up. He look at his great, great grandchildren that came running down.
"Hello great grandfather," they greeted him. He give a groan and walk up to Merinda's room. She is already old and grey laying weakly in her bed. He take a seat next to her and touch her face.
"Merinda," he whisper. She look at him and smile.
"Daddy..."
"How are you feeling?" He ask and take her hand in his.
"Better," she reply and gave a cough. He give a heavy sighed. "Why don't you just turn me into a vampire?"
He look down then back at her.
"It's living hell, Merinda," he reply and look at Merida, her daughter that came in. She take a seat giving her mother a sad look.
"I wish she could get better," she say with a sighed and look a him. "Grandpa, can't you just make her better?"
"No, I can't," he sighed. "I haven't had blood in a long time. If I do now I can...turn into a monster."
Merida give a sighed and look back at her mother hopelessly. You can see that she looks more likely like Meredith. Sometimes more than Merinda ever did.
"Yet, you heal when you put your hand in the sun. Don't you need blood for that ability?"
Wayne give a sighed and stood up. He goes to the door and look back at the two.
"I'll see what I can do," he say and walk out.
Wayne give his great grandchildren a hug that ran into him. He just smile at them and walk out closing the door behind him. Watching life go on in front of your eyes is every person's dream. Ever since Merida bought this place and made it the head house of a guesthouse that has five bedrooms, Wayne stayed there. It's probably to keep them safe from all the creatures that walks the face of the earth.