Dueling Yuri

Y/N perspective

I was sitting in my room, staring sadly at a card from my deck. It was a polymerization card that was given to me by my old friend, technically we were never friends, I had just lost to her in a duel and she gave this to me as a present, out of pity presumably.

"Why? Where did you go?" I whispered to the card sadly, hoping for an answer, even though I knew I wouldn't get an one.
Luckily, I had an idea on what to do, the proffeser had recently created duel disks that allowed dimension travel, I could use that to find her, Serena. With determination in my heart I marched out of my room and towards a storage room with the new duel disks. I was about to open the door when I heard a voice from behind him

"Well what's this y/n? Taking a peek through our storage?" I recognized the taunting voice, it was Yuri. The proffesers assistant.

"Oh, Yuri! I was just looking through the storage for maintenance work." I nervously sputtered out.

"You want to know something funny about you?" Yuri said maliciously, while igniting his duel disk, its holographic, purple, swordshaped, field glowing brightly.
"You're a terrible liar."

I activated my duel disk in retaliation.

"Let's duel!"

Yuri: 4000 LP
Y/n: 4000 LP

"I'll go first if you don't mind, actually I'll go first regardless! I summon Predaplant Squid Drosera,"

A monsterous tree with it's branches swaying by it's side, with huge mouths instead of leaves stood next to Yuri on the field.
800 Atk 400 Def

"Then I'll activate the spell card, Seed Of Deception to special summon another Squid Drosera!"

I knew exactly what he was planning, I'd seen him use this so many times before.

He let out a sickening laugh. "Here we go, I activate polymerization and fuse my two Squid Drosera to Fusion Summon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon! Few can stand up to this mighty dragon!" Yuri summoned his ultimate card, a large purple dragon with a long snakey body and huge purple wings that doubled as sharp blades.

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
Atk: 2800 Def: 2000

"Alright, I guess it's my turn then! I draw!" I looked down at my cards, Ancient HERO Torchlight, Future HERO Spotlight, Timeless Battleground, polymerization, Ancient Labyrinth Guide, and Wall Of Disruption. Slowly I hatched an idea.

"Here I go, I activate Labyrinth Guides affect, if I discard it to the graveyard I can add 1 Ancient or Future card from my deck to my hand, and I choose Ancient HERO Terra Digger!"

"Then I'll activate the field spell, Timeless Battleground!" The world around us slowly changed into an empty dirt field with broken buildings in the background

"So you made a change of scenery, big woop. Are you going to attack?" Taunted Yuri.

I grunted angrily.
"I was just getting around to that! I activate polymerization to fuse Ancient HERO Torchlight and Future HERO Spotlight! Blinding light of justice shines from both the past and future, fusion summon! Timeless HERO Blinding Light!"
A large human figure, with yellow and white armor appeared on the field, it had an angelic glow emanating from all around it.

Timeless HERO Blinding Light
Lvl: 6
Attribute: light
Type: warrior
Atk: 2400 Def: 1600

"That pathetic monster can't destroy my Dragon!" Yuri laughed at my new monster.

"Just watch me! Next I summon Ancient HERO Terra Digger and activate Timeless Battleground! It lets me special summon the future HERO counterpart to an ancient HERO, so say hello to Future HERO Gaia Drill!"

Terra Digger and Gaia Drill
Lvl: 4
Attribute: earth
Type: warrior
Atk: 800 Def: 2000

"Next I'll activate my field spells third ability, I can fusion summon a Timeless HERO from my extra Deck by using Monster on the field as materials! The earth still quakes in past and future, feel every tremor of raw power! Fusion Summon! Timeless HERO Terra Gaia!"

A large hero with a big black and brown mechanical body appeared, it had drills on it's hands and shoulders.

Timeless HERO Terra Gaia
Lvl: 8
Attribute: earth
Type: warrior
Atk: 2800 Def: 2000

"Finally, here we come! I activate Blinding Lights effect, I can switch the battle position of one monster you control! So your dragon is switched to defense position! Now my Terra Gaia attacks your dragon!"

Terra Gaia crashed into Yuri's starving Venom fusion dragon, it burst away in a flash of light.

"Then you take damage equal to your dragons atk while I gain LP to your dragons atk!"

Y/N LP: 6800
Yuri LP: 1200

"Now my Blinding Light attacks you directly, it's over for you!" I shouted angrily, my monster blasted into Yuri and knocked him to the ground.

Yuri LP: 0

"Oh well, looks like you won, just take the dimension duel disk and leave. If I see you again I'll beat you." Yuri turned around, angry at his defeat.
I dashed into the room and picked a random duel disk, setting it to "standard dimension" there was a flash and I began traveling.

Third person p.o.v

Unbeknownst to y/n, Yuri had uncharacteristically thrown the game, as per the proffesers orders. They needed a guide to the Lancers and Rin, this was probably the best lead they'd get.
Yuri laughed to himself.
"Happy travels, y/n."

A/N I don't own any characters or cards, all rights go to the proper creators of this show, book, and game.