"I'll do it." I might as well take advantage of my big social media platform and make some money besides doing hair like I've recently been doing.

"How have you and King been?" My eyebrow went up at the remembrance of his name making me smirk.

"I mean yesterday he was just getting his stuff together we haven't talked really but he just got here-" Two soft knocks against my bedroom door stopped my sentence from continuing.

"Come in," I called out.

"Good morning," his raspy voice spoke as my eyes dropped down to his black towel that was covering his bottom half. Small water drops danced all over his chest, as my eyes roamed to his face.

"Good morning," I mumbled forcing myself to stop looking at his features.

"Ice coming to get me soon with ya brother' cause' I wanna go to the dealership to pick up my car today, then I'll probably go to the studio. I figured I'll make breakfast so we can set these little rules you was talkin' bout' yesterday," he licked his lips leaning against the door frame.

A man who can cook we love that. "Thanks for telling me, yea we could. Whatever you cook I'll eat." I wasn't picky plus I knew everything in the house was stuff I ate right now anyway.

"Aight' bet."

"Hey, King!" My mom screamed out causing him to come back in the room with a smile on his face. My mom's face was now all you could see in the camera as he reached out for the phone and I handed it to him.

"Hey aunty, how you been?" 

"I've been good, I missed your bad ass. You coming to my house for dinner tomorrow right?" She asked.

"Of course, I wanna' see everybody. Plus my mama not gon' let me hear the end of it, if I don't," they shared a laugh knowing his mom was strict at times whether if he was an adult or not.

My mom was having a little dinner for all of us to get together since we didn't spend a lot of time with our parents lately. Plus, King hadn't seen his parents yet so it would be a good time to spend time with everyone. I loved how we were all like a big family.

"I know that's right, I'm going to talk to ya'll later. Love ya'll," my mom coo'd.

"Love you too," we spoke in unison before he handed me back my phone.

"I'ma get dressed you could meet me in the kitchen so we can talk while I cook," agreeing he walked out as I took one last glance at his body.

Jesus be a fence.

Feeling ringing again I rolled my eyes picking up my phone seeing Diamond's name.

"What time is the protest again?" She asked laying in her bed.

"I don't think I want you to go with me, just in case. If something happens to you, what's going to happen to Noah. Nah, I'ma go by myself," I shook my head.

I've been seeing too many people peacefully protesting just to be tear gassed, arrested, beat, or killed to want my best friend out there knowing she has a one year old.

"I'm not letting you go by yourself, fuck outta' here," Diamond rolled her eyes. "I respect you not wanting me to get hurt but I don't need you getting hurt either. Ask your brother if he can go."

"I already did, he said he can't." I rubbed my lips together blending my chapstick more into my lips.

"Go ask Vibez," she smirked.

"No-"

"I guess I'm going then," huffing I got up.

"I'll call you back to see what he says bitch," I hung up once I heard her laugh.