1

Royal Mia Monroe

                   New York City-4:19 p

New York City-4:19 p.m

"My nigga Vibez coming back," my twin brother, Messiah, smiled rubbing his hands together while I watched him with a bored expression.

"I don't understand why he couldn't stay with you!" I huffed lightly throwing the last extra pillow that I had in my- now our linen closet on his bed.

"It doesn't make any sense for the nigga to live wit' me when I ain't attending college nor am I close enough to where he gotta' be."

My brother went on and on as I sounded him out walking back into my living room where the rest of our friends stayed.

The six of us were thick as thieves ever since we were introduced as babies from our parents who were also a group of friends. A group of friends who all happened to reproduce at about the same time, creating kids who were no more than two years apart.

My closest friend Diamond was twenty to her brother, JuJu's, nineteen, being the children of Crystal and Anthony Prior. Ice and Deja were also like family to me being the children of Lucas and Kayla Simmons.

Messiah and I were the oldest of the group both being twenty-one and being the children of Princess and Jayceon Monroe.

After high school I attended Howard University but wanting to be much closer to home, I decided to transfer to NYU which was where everyone else still resigned. It was almost the end of Spring break so it was a perfect time to transfer.

Diamond stayed close to her parents who helped watch her son, Noah, during her school and work situations. It was an unfortunate situation to have a child in everyone's eyes as early as nineteen but everyone still loved her the same.

Ironically my other parent's friends who I considered my aunt and uncle, Bianca and Tarell, has a son "Vibez" they called him, who was transferring back from North Carolina.

He grew up with us as a group but he was always a trouble maker and over protective when it came to the females in the group, even though he was younger than me by one year. He got into multiple fights and when his sister passed away, he became nonchalant. His last straw was when he broke a kid's nose for stealing my pencil.

Ever since then he lived with his grandma in North Carolina and now coming back transferring to NYU because his mom missed him, he's back.

Since I was now coming here our parents thought it would be a good idea to allow us to share an apartment because it would save money and it was a way we could look out for another.