Hot Pursuit

(Fast-forward to after the 'surgery', Agent Ruby is driving the BMW to the mansion of a seller on the Black Market. The team has been tipped off that he might have gotten his hands on the flash drive after following the tracker Ruby put on a car at the embassy.)

"Ok, but how great is this!" I said, beaming as I sped the car down the road to the potential seller. "I mean, it's kind of hard to steer with my left arm in a cast and sling, but other than that!"

"Yeah, yeah. Brilliant it is. I cannot believe we agreed to this." Benji said, gripping the sides of his seat.

"Oh really? I seem to remember it being your idea!" Brandt snapped as he clutched his brief case in the backseat next to Benji.

"So what's our plan of action again?" I questioned from the front seat.

"Benji and I go in as potential buyers for the product, Luther connects to the server to potentially hack and pilfer the drive, and Ruby and Brandt stay in the car for backup." Ethan rattled off, looking up and the huge manor sprawled out in front of us.

"What are you going to do if Ilsa shows up again? I seem to remember her being a free agent on the market at the moment." I said, glancing over at Ethan.

"We won't worry about that until it happens." I lifted an eyebrow, but returned my focus to swinging into the handsome driveway. 

"Hey, let's go catch some bad guys! Oh wait, Brandt and I are just waiting in the car." I ended by slouching back in my seat, earning a chuckle in my earpiece from Luther and a grin from the rest of the team. 

~~~~~~~

Brandt and I watched as Ethan and Benji made their way into the mansion, so far so good.

I peeked at Brandt through the rearview mirror, "Sooo, do you want a piece of gum or something?" I said holding up a single metallic wrapped sheet.

He looked up at me and blinked, I chuckled a little, "I was only kidding, this is Benji's explosive stick. I'd like to think of it as a self-igniting Molotov Cocktail, except it's 20 times smaller and can do ten times the damage. But it is supposed to go in your briefcase so, here you go." I said handing it to him. He took it with wide eyes and gingerly put it in the case. 

He leaned forward, opening his mouth to say something, but he was cut off by a static screech in our ears. This was followed by gunfire and Ethan yelling, "Stop that black car!"

And Benji chiming in with, "A bloke got to the drive before us!"

Before Brandt or I could respond, a sleek obsidian car peeled out of the drive in a plume of smoke. "Don't wait for us, go!" Ethan yelled into our ears.

"Buckle up." I said to Brandt as I shifted into drive and took off after the sleek SUV. The motor hummed and I grinned as I stepped on the gas. "I've never been a part of a high speed chase before, that's always been more of Ethan's thing!" I chirped, watching the speedometer reach 60 mph (96.56 km/h) along the thin and winding driveway. 

"Keep following that car, I'll try to slow it down." Brandt said as he leaned out the back window, aiming his gun at the tires. 

"Looks like we've got company." I said as I spotted another car on the road behind us coming up fast. Suddenly shots fired through the glass in the back windows, breaking the rearview mirror. "Oh come on! That's not road safe!" I exclaimed as we made it back to the main road, gunning the engine up to 85 mph (136.79 km/h). Brandt had seemingly run out of ammo for his gun and was rifling through the case. 

"Where's the backup!" He exclaimed.

"Benji took it into the mansion!" I replied, swerving around another car on the highway.