Squad Zero

Academy City was silent... something that was quite unusual, especially during the day. Even if human activity were to go to an all time low.. at least all the automated systems should have been running, after all.. the entire place was run by automated drones.. busses, trains.. barely any facility even needed a human operator unless you counted stores and other things..

The streets were filled with Anti-skill units, and Espers that were at least Level 3 and over.. all Level 1, 2 and 0s were evacuated along with any non espers, and teachers that were in the city, as well as any children under the age of 13...

Official Guilds of all sorts were gathered in the city as well.. taking positions outside major entry points into the City.

Various Captains from the Gotei 13 were scattered along key points in the city.

And Fairy Tail had taken it's position in District 7... the entire guild was readying themselves for an all out fight to the finish. With them.. was Captain Hitsugaya and Captain Kuchiki..

When Master Markarov had come to Mikaris Misaka and requested that she lead the guild's defensive force.. frankly she had been surprised. As she had felt that usually, the Guild's master should be the one leading.

But Markarov had given his reason.

"We need an experienced war strategist out there, handling our defenses and all our fighting." said Markarov. "Back in Edolas you were regarded as the smartest General among your leaders.. and the most brilliant strategist. Most of this guild is comprised of hotheads unless you count Nicole, Levy, or Lucy.. we need somebody with a level head and experience in strategy to direct us... and frankly, I think your experience in this outweighs mine by a fair amount."

Mikaris sat on the top floor of the Fairy Tail cafe.. sitting on a bed with a hand mirror in her hand.. considering things. The mirror, decorated with a little Doraemon in the corner, had been a gift from Mikoto.. looking in the mirror, Mikaris could see, that besides the Eyepatch.. Mikoto and her both looked exactly alike... even bearing the same body type (they both liked the same diet too.)

Mikaris flexed the gauntlett on her right forearm tentatively as she considered her full A.E.A. that she was currently wearing. It had been months since she had last lead troops.. and back when Psychic City had been militarized.. the philosophy of her battalion was if you didn't pull your own weight, you were left to die.

How was she supposed to lead on completely opposite principles? This was a guild that looked out for each other.. that fought as a family.. this kind of squad was not something Mikaris was used to leading..

What if she got somebody killed? What if..

Mikaris shook her head. What if she got Mikoto killed!? No.. that was just something she wouldn't be bale to stand at all... no... there had to be somebody more suited to do this.. ANYBODY!!

There was a knock on the door, and the muscular Elfman Strauss cme in, accompanied by his sister Lisanna.

"Mikaris.. Toshiro says he needs to see you." said Elfman.

"Mikaris.." said Lisanna gently. "Are you okay?"

"I-I don't know if I can do this.."

"Come on Mikaris!! You're the best strategist there is!! You're a real MAN!!" Elfman roared.

"Er.. I'm a girl.."

"What Big Bro Elfman's trying to say is: If master picked you, then he's got a good reason." said Lisanna. "you can do it.. we all know you can.."

Mikaris took a deep breath and adjusted her eyepatch.. she ten pressed a few buttons on her sleek guantlett. The gauntlett gave a beep, saying "systems aligned" and Mikaris stood up. "Let's go.."