"Ok then," James closes the door and goes back to tell Alex.

You got out of bed and started getting ready for the day, even though it was already mostly over. The whole time, all you thought of was Alex and the fact that he had specifically invited you to do something with the group. However, as you were thinking about him, you started to realize what exactly you had signed up for. You started to get incredibly anxious just thinking about the idea of being in one of their youtube videos. They got so many views and had so many fans, so it's not like it wouldn't really be seen. You considered changing your mind, but you did want to spend time with Alex. You decided that you had to back out. As much as you wanted to spend the time with Alex, the idea of being in the public eye even for a moment terrified you.

You went out into the living area to tell James that you couldn't do the video; however, you didn't realize that Alex was also over. You saw the two of them sitting on the couch playing video games. It looked like FIFA, but you weren't sure. You didn't play a lot of video games. You sat down next to James, hoping that you'd be able to discretely back out of the video before he told anyone you'd said yes, but as soon as you sat down next to James, Alex noticed you.

"Hey, y/n," Alex greeted you, way too cheerfully for the middle of the afternoon. He seemed to be completely full of energy. "I heard that you're going to be a part of an Eboys video. It should be brilliant!"

"Oh, yeah. Brilliant," you said, putting a little too much fake excitement into your voice, making it sound awkward and forced. You wanted to act like nothing was wrong, though you were secretly pissed that he had found out. You wished James could've waited to tell him. Now your only options were to cancel and hurt his feelings or do this video and be put in the public eye. You felt trapped in this decision that you'd only made because of your crush on Alex. You wished you would've stopped to think about what you'd agreed to instead of just being consumed by your feelings for Alex.

"Well, I was gonna go get something to eat if either of you wanna join me," Alex offered, knowing that James had already eaten.

"Sure," you said. You hadn't eaten anything yet and, assuming that your brother would come along as well, you wanted to spend a little bit of time with Alex.

"I've already eaten, but you two have fun," James said. You felt your anxiety spike as this would be the first time that you were with Alex alone.

You and Alex went to a sandwich shop up the road. You sat across from each other at a two-person table, and you stared intently at your menu to avoid staring at him. When you snuck a glance up at him, you found that he was looking right at you. Your eyes locked, and you felt heat rise to your cheeks before you quickly looked back down at your menu.

Alex swore that they had the cheapest sodas and beers in the area, and while you weren't usually one to buy a drink with your meal, you couldn't pass up anything that seemed like it was saving money. Both of you ended up ordering sodas with your sandwiches, and you sipped on them while you waited for your food. Alex started talking and talking and talking to fill the silence. You were so nervous you pretty much only responded with giggles, smiles, and nods. You could see him looking more and more discouraged until your food got there.

As soon as the waiter left, Alex asked you, "What, do you not like me or something?"

"What?" you asked, shocked.

"Well, you just aren't saying anything, and it feels like you kinda just want me to stop talking. Do you like hate me or something?"

"What? No! No. I like you. I like you a lot," you tried to reassure him, but he didn't seem convinced.

"Then why aren't we friends? Like we never hang out just us, and I know almost nothing about you. I don't even have your phone number."

"I dunno. I guess I just didn't think you wanted to be friends with me. Like I'm just your friend's sister that hangs around sometimes. But we can hang out if you want to. I think I'd like that. If you want."