The Game of Temptation ~2~

Start from the beginning

 I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, and happily put the books down to answer it.

 I smiled when I saw Alex's name flash across the screen. "Hey, baby. How are you doing?" I asked.

 "I miss you. I'm almost there; I just had to pull over to make sure I was going the right way," Alex told me, making me laugh.

 "I miss you too. How did you get lost? Didn't your dad buy you a GPS just so this wouldn't happen?"

 There was a moment of silence, and suddenly I knew exactly what had happened. "Alex, did you get mad at the voice and break it?"

 He sighed. "How do you know me so well?" He asked, confirming my thoughts.

 "I'm in love with you," I answered, earning a chuckle.

 "Good, because I'm in love with you too. How's SFA?"

 I looked around at the gorgeous campus. "It's... amazing. I mean, it would be perfect if I could see you every day, but this place is so pretty."

 "Of course you'd admire the scenery," Alex said, and I could just picture him doing his little smile while rolling his eyes. "Is your roommate as nice as you remembered?"

 I nodded, almost forgetting he couldn't see me. I wasn't used to this just yet. I doubt I ever would be. "Yeah, she's helping me move my stuff in. Well, her and her brother."

 "Isn't he the man-whore?" Alex asked, and I heard a little worry in his tone.

 I laughed. "Yeah, not even ten minutes into meeting me he hit on me. Don't worry, I'm not interested," I said, meaning it. He was hot, sure, and funny. But I loved Alex more than anything in the world. Ren had nothing on him in that way.

 "I know, I trust you, Izzy."

 I smiled. I loved how we could be close enough to tell the truth. I knew a lot of girls wouldn't even mention if their roommate had a hot brother, but why wouldn't I? Alex was it for me, I'd be with him as long as I could, which was hopefully forever.

~Alex~

I sighed down the phone, watching the cars pass me by. "I know, I trust you, Izzy," I said, honestly. I did trust her, but I definitely did not trust that Ron guy.

"So how close are you to the school?" She asked me.

I shrugged, hating that she couldn't see me. "I don't know, maybe an hour away?" I had no idea where I was, or what exit I was supposed to take. If she'd been here with me I'd probably be there by now. "What about you?"

"I'm already here. I was going to get my stuff set up before I called you," she told me.

I heard a mumbled guy's voice on the other end, followed by Izzy saying, "hold on, babe," to me, then her telling the guy to take a box. I guessed that was the brother. If I'd been there I could have helped her...

"Back. Sorry, I was telling Ren to carry the books," she told me.

I laughed. Maybe he was a dick, but no one should ever have to carry Izzy's book collection. "Poor guy. Is his spine broken yet?"

She groaned. "No, and I'm not that bad with books!" She argued, sounding more like she was trying not to laugh than annoyed.

"Uh huh, sure," I agreed, not really meaning it. I loved her, but she had a problem with getting books. Even the one's she'd never finish she couldn't give away. She always argued that she'd never know when she'd want to read it.

 "I'm serious!" She said, and I heard the guy's voice saying, "no, he's right. You have way to freaking many."

 I couldn't help frowning a little, but I knew I had to get over it. He'd be there a lot, so all I could do was deal with it.