Chapter 37: What shall we do? Pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"And what about you? Not that I have any objections to the plan, I just like to be informed about all the details."

Of course ... soldier through and through. Always wanting to know everything and every detail, but I can't tell him everything. Or at least not yet. First of all, I have to find Levi.

"I'm going to grab Nina's key and drive to her apartment and pack some things for her and bring them here. After that, I will try to reach Levi. Do you have any idea where he could be? Have you tried calling him? I can imagine that he is also not feeling well right now. Actually ... I'm pretty sure he's off track. One more reason to speak to him, even if he probably doesn't want to see anyone. Was he at home with you? Where's that little jerk? "

"No. I absolutely don't know where he could be. I tried to call him several times, over and over again, but there always answered the mailbox. If I didn't know better, I would say he blocked me. He wasn't at home either. Not after the argument we had. It's almost as if the earth had swallowed him up, and to be honest ... I'm worried about him. I know better than anyone how emotional he is, and this ... break up is bound to take take a huge toll on him. Even though I should be angry with him, I just can't help worrying about him. Even though I am sure I will regret asking this question, but why do you want to contact Levi? "

"Isn't that obvious ?! As if I just let the midget get away after the shit he pulled off! It's time he gets that long overdue kick in his ass. Don't think I'll let him get away with it so easily. This matter here, between you, Levi and Nina, is far from over, I'll make sure of that. And now that you mentioned it, I'm worried too. After such a big thing, he tends to lose himself and do stupid things. We'd better find him quickly before something bad happens."

No matter how angry I was with Erwin, Levi was as guilty as he was. He had just as much guilt on his shoulders and deserved to be held responsible. Also: If what I thought about should work, I need him. I need Levi and Erwin, together, as friends and on the same side.

I just hoped that it would work. Erwin wasn't the problem, it was Levi ... His stubbornness was almost legendary and it would take hard bandages to make him think everything over.

One more reason why I should talk to him ... But first I have to find him, and that better quickly. The question is how?

"What are you going to do, Mikasa?" Erwin asked suddenly and ripped me out of my thoughts, where I was already planning how to proceed the best.

"That shouldn't concern you, yet. I'll tell you when the time is right. For now, you will take care of Nina until I am back. Is that clear?"

Erwin sighed and submitted by standing up and patting his pants.

"As you wish. Then I will first prepare myself and then go to Nina. I'll see you when you come back. "

"Yep. See you later."

Erwin and I said goodbye for now and went our separate ways. He disappeared back into the hospital and I went back to my car. First I have to go back to the gym and get Nina's stuff. Fortunately, the manager knows me and knows that we are friends, so I wasn't worried that something could go wrong here.

When I would be done with that and had packed some things for my sick friend, it is high time to find Levi.

Erwin P.O.V.

I slowly began to lose all hope and confidence.

It has been a little more than a week since I told Mikasa everything about the desperate situation I was in, and still no sign of life from Levi, but what was even worse: Nina's condition had hardly improved, maybe even worsened.